Taylor Swift’s Love Story Single  » Music  »
  • I love Taylor Swift’s Love Story single
  • I know for a fact that she composes her own songs, and from the sound of it looks like she is enjoying every minute of music creation

• by RichieMogwai

I love Taylor Swift’s Love Story single. Yet again, the artist has come up with an original composition. Well, nothing is original in this world anymore. In fact, the singer based her song on a classic love story of Romeo and Juliet. She has no qualms about this whatsoever. She even mentions the name explicitly in the lyrics. As a clever artist, however, she keeps the essence of the classic love story alive by giving it a new meaning.

In fact, this Romeo and Juliet saga ends with a happy ending, so I

can see how clever Swift is. Her version does not end in a tragedy, because she, who positions herself as part of the story, being no less than the Juliet herself, manages to convince Romeo to get married, with the dad’s approval. As the lyrics go: “I talked to your dad, go pick out a white dress, It’s a love story baby just say yes.”

I like Swift’s witty song writing. I love it even more how she brings the melody into it. Love Story is a perfect example. Listening to it is like ...

• reading a storybook except that there are no pictures, and it is up to my mind to conjure the imagery. I guess this is why the songstress is so successful. She even manages to poke fun at herself in this single. She makes it sound like she is so desperate to get married. It is almost as if she is forcing her Romeo into a shotgun marriage, only luckily she is not dealing with unrequited love.

There is an upbeat rhythm and spirit to her song, which is the exact opposite of the

Shakespearean tragedy that ends in mutual suicide. I know for a fact that she composes her own songs, and from the sound of it looks like she is enjoying every minute of music creation. No doubt, some expert musicians have made some vital changes to the original piece, which is what always happens since every piece of music involves collaboration. Still, I can sense in this single that they have maintained the original spirit of the song. Otherwise, I do not think the song will sound like her if they had made any radical changes.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 144011378770931/k2311a014/1.4.11