Burlesque movie  » Movies  »
  • Sadly I was pretty disappointed with this movie
  • Burlesque was basically a rip off of ever movie that takes a small town no name girl and turns her into an amazing celebrity

• by sweetlexi07

I was very excited when I first saw the preview for this movie. I mean really you can’t go wrong when you combine the powerhouse voice of Christina Aguilera and a legend like Cher. I was expecting a spectacular movie, filled with visually stimulating dance routines, costumes, songs, and at least decent acting. I have always been a fan of these talented ladies but I couldn’t help but to wonder if Christina would be as good an actress as she

is a singer. On the other hand I’ve always thought that Cher was a better actress than she was a singer. But I have been a pretty die hard fan of both of them for quite a while.

Sadly I was pretty disappointed with this movie. Burlesque was basically a rip off of ever movie that takes a small town no name girl and turns her into an amazing celebrity. I probably could have guessed this from the preview but I ...

• was going to give it the benefit of the doubt. The acting was actually pretty awful, and the dance routines were only decent. If it weren’t for the amazing songs that this movie had to offer it would have been a complete waste.

I would think if Cher wanted to make a statement she would have chosen a better piece of work. She is very talented and this movie made it seem like she was just desperate for work. Her acting

wasn’t up to par and she only sang two songs in the movie. She just looked run down and tired, but even through all that she still has a sparkle. Christina on the other hand wasn’t a very good actress, but the dancing and singing were pretty spectacular.

Overall unless you are a diehard fan of either of these ladies, or just into somewhat decent musicals than I’d save my $10 and wait for this movie to come to redbox.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 114011378730931/k2311a014/1.4.11