Pilot Bottle 2 Pen  » Other  »
  • I think the pen is good to write with and the ink flows out evenly
  • I like gripping on to the plastic-bottle texture of the pen--the lines on the plastic allows you to have a firm grip and the plastic is nice and smooth like that of plastic bottles
  • A slight problem is that when I try writing with the paper pad placed almost vertical, the ink does not really flow out and it gets hard to write with

• by Soapbar

I was really excited when I first saw this pen because it was always sad to see so much plastic going to waste every time people throw away their plastic mineral bottles after a day.

Then one day I stepped into the bookshop and saw these pens that were made from recycled bottles! They came in the typical black, blue and red colours and one good thing about these pens are that the ink is filled up practically to the brim.

According to my friend pilot pens are usually only three quarters filled up so this is worth the money. I think the pen is good to write with and the ink flows out evenly. I like gripping on to the plastic-bottle texture of the pen–the lines on the plastic allows you to have a firm grip and the plastic is nice and smooth like that of plastic bottles. Another thing I like about the pen is that there are no printed words on ...

• it, such as “Pilot HiTechpoint”, etc. so no matter how long you grip it in your hand or how often you use it, it won’t look faded nor used.

A slight problem is that when I try writing with the paper pad placed almost vertical, the ink does not really flow out and it gets hard to write with. It doesn’t matter that much though since how often do people write on vertically placed papers?

Another slightly regretful matter

is that the pen is non-refillable. I’m not sure whether that is good since it encourages us to buy more of the bottle pens and thus recycling more plastic, or bad that we’re throwing away material after using up the pen ink.

Overall, it’s a lovely pen and although it may not look the prettiest, every time you grip it you’re reminded that everyone can play a part in saving earth, even up to the smallest details like using an environmentally-friendly pen.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 124011378530931/k2311a014/1.4.11