Nirwana Resort Hotel Bintan, Indonesia  » Hotels  »
Jalan Panglima Pantar, Lagoi 29155, Bintan Resorts, Indonesia
  • After two years of working in Singapore, my fiance and I decided to have a quick break and visit Bintan, Indonesia, which is about an hour away from Singapore via ferry
  • The Nirwana Resorts Hotel is one of the resorts under the Nirwana Gardens Group and is about 10-15 minutes away from the Sri Bintan Pura Terminal, which is an advantage if you do not want to experience the hassle of a long trip
  • The resort also offers a free shuttle ride to and from the ferry terminal so transportation is very convenient
  • I think the only downside is the bathroom
  • My fiance and I will definitely come back again

• by Yana

After two years of working in Singapore, my fiance and I decided to have a quick break and visit Bintan, Indonesia, which is about an hour away from Singapore via ferry. It is well-known for its white beaches as well as its world-class resorts, which is perfect for a much needed holiday. After a few research and suggestions from friends, we decided to book a 3 days 2 nights package for a superior room at Nirwana Resorts Hotel Bintan. And the good thing was, we got in on sale for only 300sgd! Nice deal!

The Nirwana Resorts Hotel is one of the resorts under the Nirwana Gardens Group and is about 10-15 minutes away from the Sri Bintan Pura Terminal, which is an advantage if you do not want to experience the hassle of a long trip. The resort also offers a free shuttle ride to and from the ferry terminal so transportation is very convenient.

So upon checking out of the terminal, we immediately proceeded to the Nirwana Gardens office which is located near the exit to check on the schedule of the shuttle. Fortunately, it has just arrived so we were immediately guided to the vehicle.

Once we arrived at the resort, we were greeted by the hotel staff and they performed a short cultural dance. We were also given refreshments while at the reception. Check-in was a breeze since we booked online plus, to our delight, we were offered a free upgrade to a Deluxe room, which costs an additional 50sgd,

plus a free game of bowling for two! Who wouldn’t say not to that offer, right? Once everything was settled, we were immediately ushered to our room.

Our deluxe room is situated on the second floor and it has a good view of the pool and beach. It is very spacious to my surprise. The linens smell good, the floor is clean, and I must say that the room is well maintained. The minibar, aircon, LCD TV (with cable) and other equipment work fine. What I also like about the room is that there is free Wi-Fi access. You just have to request for the username and password from the reception. Very nice especially if you are on a business trip and would like to check your e-mails. I think the only downside is the bathroom. For me, it was just okay because I noticed that there are mold stains on the tiles, but other than that everything was just perfect.

On our first day, we spent the entire afternoon at the beach, which I think is one of the finest beaches I have been to. The water is very clear, you can see some fish swimming at your feet. The white sand is fine and powdery and I love it! However, we went there at around 3pm so the beach has started to move out because of low tide. By 5pm, we could already see some corals sticking out so it was not really a pretty sight.

After lounging at the beach,

• we went to the infinity pool, which I really love as well as their jacuzzis. Towels and lounge chairs are also readily available and you can even buy some refreshments at the pool bar. It is quite expensive though. A glass of fruit shake would cost you around 12sgd inclusive of taxes and a can of beer would be around 8-10sgd. Their drinks are okay except for the price.

There are a lot of activities that you can do in the hotel like bowling, archery, ATV, and other water sports. There is nothing much to do at night because there are no clubs but that’s just okay because we intended to just relax so it is not much of a big deal.

On our second and third day, my fiance and I decided to just laze around and unwind by the beach. It was really wonderful and I realized that it is best to go to their beach in the morning, around 7am. One factor is that it is not too hot yet. Second, is that the beach is at its normal level (low-tide starts around 2pm). Also, it was a good thing there weren’t many tourists when we went there (mid-September) so the beach was not crowded. That added to the serenity of the place, which I really, really loved.

Another thing that I loved about the hotel is their customer service. The hotel employees are very courteous and friendly and we are always greeted with a smile. They also make sure that

requests were acted upon immediately. Two thumbs up!

On the other hand, one thing that I did not like about the resort is the cost of food, which for me is quite expensive considering that the price is in Singapore dollars. They actually have around 10-12 restaurants in the resort and we only tried the pool side restaurant, which offers a barbecue dinner buffet for 35sgd++ per head, drinks not yet included; and the Lobby Cafe, which offers a nice spread of buffet breakfast. I was impressed with the variety of food they serve but the price, for me, is just too much. To cut our costs, my fiancé and I decided to just buy cup noodles for lunch. If you are on a tight budget, I suggest you go to Pasar Ole Ole, which is a small market with street food, restaurants, and spas, and is about 20-30mins away from the hotel. You can also buy souvenirs there which I think are cheaper than what the hotel offers. If you want to visit the place, the hotel offers free transportation. You just need to arrange for a schedule at the reception.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay in Nirwana Resort Hotel. However, make sure that you watch your budget if you would buy food from the hotel. But other than that, I recommend this hotel if you want a quick holiday because of the serenity of the place and their commendable customer service. My fiance and I will definitely come back again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 24011378410931/k2311a014/1.4.11