Swift Justice with Nancy Grace (TV show)  » TV  »
  • I like the no-nonsense but casual attitude Nancy Grace has
  • It will definitely make you re-think your position on court TV

• by Victoria Durm

One of my latest favorite shows is called Swift Justice. It is not your typical court show. It is much more casual than other shows like Judge Judy or Judge Alex. This show has heart, and the hostess is no nonsense.

The premise of this show is for Nancy Grace to discern who is right, and who is wrong. Sounds like your typical show, doesn’t it? Well, that’s about where “typical” comes to an end.

Throughout the course of the show, I get to watch her call people out on their wrong doings. I like the no-nonsense but casual attitude Nancy Grace has. She is also very compassionate. She’s one of the youngest judges I watch on TV, and I’m pretty sure she’s not not technically young.

One of my favorite cases is when

a woman refuses to pay for a DNA test after saying she would if the man was not the father. Nancy made quick work of that woman, and rightly so.

What I really like I about this show as well, is that the judge doesn’t just stand there and act like she doesn’t care. You can see the emotion on her face as they tell their stories. I have always wondered if judges feel sorry for the people involved in the cases. Nancy gives me my answer.

In the case of the episode I mentioned, the man that was sueing was really hurt. Nancy felt so sorry for him, you could really see it on her face. She looked like she was very close to tears. I have watched her get emotional over ...

• several cases, but this one was especially heartbreaking.

The cases that Nancy takes are incredible. She has taken on anything from paternity tests to other civil suits. This judge is amazing. I would love to put some people in her courtroom.

Which brings me to my next thing. I really enjoy the set! The set is not like anything I’d expect from a court show. It is much more casual. There are lecterns for the plaintiff and the defendant, and Nancy sits at a modernized desk. The background and surroundings are blue and white. This gives a more relaxed feel. There is not a gavel in sight.

Something else that I find unique in the genre is the way that Nancy Grace handles cases via PolyCam (web camera). A plaintiff and a defendant

are on seperate cameras, and Nancy listens to each side before making a ruling. This segment is titled, “Swift Justice Across America”.

Having this element at the end of each show makes this a completely different show from all of the other shows like it out there. It puts things on a different plain, and adds a modern twist to the genre. I always look forward to this portion of the show.

After having seen several episodes, I can say that Swift Justice with Nancy Grace is going to be one of my favorite must see court shows for a very long time to come. If you can find it on your local TV station, I would suggest giving it a shot. It will definitely make you re-think your position on court TV.

Tunde Alatise says :

Hello MS Grace, I love your show and I have been following you since your show on CNN. I love the way you adapt technology to your show and allow people from different part of the country to get Swift justice. My question is, I live in British Columbia Canada and I would like to pursue Swift Justice against a tow truck drive in North Carolina. As a Canadian residence I am able to proceed with my claim? Please keep delivery you no nonsense Swift Justice Thank you, Tunde

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 104011378310831/k2311a014/1.4.11