HP Pavillion dv6500 Notebook PC  » Computers  »
2.5
  • When I got this computer for a Christmas gift now three years ago, I was very excited but found myself to be pretty disappointed from the very start
  • Replacing the battery seemed to take care of the overheating issue for the most part since it definitely didn't get as hot as it used to

• by iLori

When I got this computer for a Christmas gift now three years ago, I was very excited but found myself to be pretty disappointed from the very start. The notebook always overheated to the point where it was too hot to touch. I called HP tech support on several occasions and they asked me several questions to make sure I wasn’t blocking the air flow but it would even overheat when it was on our kitchen table.

They decided I needed to

ship back my notebook for them to do some testing on it to figure out what was making it overheat. I was further disappointed that I wasn’t able to just bring it in somewhere locally that handled HP issues. I had to make sure I made a backup of everything before shipping it back to them just in case something happened to the data. I was without my notebook for several weeks before getting it back from them after they replaced ...

• the battery pack on it.

Replacing the battery seemed to take care of the overheating issue for the most part since it definitely didn’t get as hot as it used to. Shortly after, I started receiving emails from HP telling me there was a battery pack recall of some kind so I am a bit surprised that they didn’t just send out a new battery for my laptop to start with instead of me having to ship the whole notebook back to them.

Other

then the overheating it did serve it’s purpose but it has since died on me lasting me only 3 years which I guess is supposed to be normal age life of notebooks. I was ready to buy a new notebook as a couple keyboard keys have become loose and fell off too.

When shopping for a new notebook, I made it a point to not look at HP and looked at Dell instead as I wasn’t wanting to buy another HP notebook again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 194011378250831/k2311a014/1.4.11