Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones  » Movies  »
  • I love Star Wars Attack of the Clones, and who would not
  • I think he turns out to be a much better actor than the major ones in this movie, with the exception of Ewan McGregor who plays Obi Wan Kenobi
  • McGregor definitely stands his ground here, as in all other episodes where he is in
  • However, the premise that Fett is the mold from which all the clone soldiers were made out of leaves a gaping hole in the Star Wars universe, in my opinion
  • I found that he delivers his lines in monotones and even his facial expressions and other actuations are so gilded

• by RichieMogwai

I love Star Wars Attack of the Clones, and who would not? This to me is the most awaited part of the series where finally I get to see Master Yoda kick some serious butt. I am just fascinated by the Yoda character. It is just amazing. I am not sure however, if this is still the same guy inside or not, for the last time I heard, he had already passed away. Of course, nobody will notice this in the film, except of course the credits portion.

After the human characters of the George Lucas saga led by Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, and Han Solo, I could easily place Yoda as my fourth favorite.

To tell you the truth, the master is my entire focus during the entire Clones movie. Not only seeing him fight, but also watching him commandeer an entire battalion of clone troops. I think he turns out to be a much better actor than the major ones in this movie, with the exception of Ewan McGregor who plays Obi Wan Kenobi. McGregor definitely stands his ground here, as in all other episodes where he is in. I have to say that the director made an excellent casting call with giving him a role after recognizing the actor’s impressive performance in Trainspotting.

I love the fight scenes in Attack of the Clones, especially the rather impressive ...

• revelation of the Droid Army. I also found the few scenes expounding on the Jango Fett character to be a rare treat because I often wondered about his background. I was so glad to be filled in on the missing puzzle. However, the premise that Fett is the mold from which all the clone soldiers were made out of leaves a gaping hole in the Star Wars universe, in my opinion. This is because these soldiers seem so clumsy and almost brainless in many fight scenes in all the old and new Star Wars episodes. If he is such an excellent warrior, then how come his clones were not?

A major disappointment was the

teenage Anakin Skywalker played by Canadian actor Hayden Christensen. I found that he delivers his lines in monotones and even his facial expressions and other actuations are so gilded. It is almost like watching a cartoon instead of a human being act. Maybe Lucas should have ordered another animatronics machine from the Jim Henson group to do the trick. I would not point the finger at the actor but rather at the director who is after all responsible for the whole film. Besides, Christensen has shown so much depth in his acting in the film Life as a House, that I cannot help but theorize that Lucas definitely failed to exploit his full potential for the franchise.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 114011378190831/k2311a014/1.4.11