Dannon Activia Light Yogurt Fat-Free Strawberry Banana  » Food  »
  • There are real pieces of fruit which I definitely want in a health product
  • I like to eat it with a few crackers because it adds crunch like granola would
  • The Strawberry-banana flavor is good, though I believe the Strawberry flavor far outweighs the banana
  • So the best part of the yogurt for me is the satisfaction I feel eating it, the real fruit and the fact it's lower in fat and sugars than the other products out there

• by Lacy Pearl

Recently I was flipping through a health book on making better choices when you grocery shop and how it will help you stay as full as if you were eating your normal fattier choices and discovered that there were even degrees of ‘better, best and worst’ when it came to yogurt.

This was a bit of a surprise because yogurt was yogurt to me, I just chose the cheapest, light yogurt out there. Well lets just say trying something new wasn’t too difficult a choice to make. Dannon Activia Yogurt was on the list as the better/best choice because it’s light and doesn’t have much sugar, plus all the cultures

your body needs.

Okay that’s all the facts, now for the juicy stuff. The yogurt actually tastes better. For a fat-free product this yogurt is thick and creamy which surprises me that it’s so good. There are real pieces of fruit which I definitely want in a health product. The fruit isn’t on the bottom, it’s mixed throughout which is also a bonus for me. It’s actually surprising that it seems to hold off my hunger for a while too.

My favorite thing is that it is so thick and doesn’t taste at all like it’s low fat, let alone fat free. I like to eat ...

• it with a few crackers because it adds crunch like granola would. It comes in a lot of different flavors which I also enjoy. They are sold in packs of four and up. Four packs are usually 2.50 which seems reasonable, though slightly higher than store brand. I wait for them to go on sale for 1.99 which then makes me feel a lot better because it’s closer to the price of the store brand yogurts I get.

The Strawberry-banana flavor is good, though I believe the Strawberry flavor far outweighs the banana. There were actual chunks of Strawberry and none of banana, I also don’t really taste

banana it just seems like diluted Strawberry.

So the best part of the yogurt for me is the satisfaction I feel eating it, the real fruit and the fact it’s lower in fat and sugars than the other products out there. The only draw back is the cost. Though it’s not really much more than the other products (and I do find that it’s worth it) it is still hard for a penny pincher like myself to pass up the least expensive stuff for the little pricier stuff. I find I will continue to purchase Dannon Activia Yogurt because I like the taste and the way it makes me feel.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 274011378180831/k2311a014/1.4.11