The Hippodrome Theater in Baltimore, Maryland  » Entertainment  »
12 North Eutaw Street Baltimore, MD 21201
  • One of the best places to see a show in Maryland is at the Hippodrome theater
  • My first experience there was when the family went to see The Lion King
  • The performance was great, but what I was really impressed with the theater itself
  • The carpeting is decidedly modern, but I really enjoyed the rest of it
  • I'm not usually picky about bathrooms in public, but I was definitely expecting better in a place like the Hippodrome

• by Victoria Durm

One of the best places to see a show in Maryland is at the Hippodrome theater. I have had the pleasure of going there on two separate occasions. Both times, I had a blast. It wasn’t just the plays I went to see there, either.

The theater is located in downtown Baltimore. It has a large, New York City type of sign on the front, which allows my imagination to pretend I am in New York City.

My first experience there was when the family went to see The Lion King. The performance was great, but what I was really impressed with

the theater itself.

The theater architecture is amazing. It reminds me of something out of France or Italy. It’s elegant, and beautiful, even for the age of the building itself. The interior is even better.

Inside, there are several winding staircases that lead to various parts of the theater. The carpeting is decidedly modern, but I really enjoyed the rest of it. I liked the way it looked like I was in a completely different place besides Baltimore City. Talk about escaping reality! The Hippodrome does that for me very well.

The staff of the theater is very courteous. I could tell that ...

• they liked having people visit that have never visited before. They were very helpful, and made sure I got where I needed to go. My family and I really did enjoy ourselves where that was concerned.

One of the things I liked about the theater in general is the cleanliness. There is something about going into an establishment, and seeing how clean it is. The bathrooms were tidy, and smelled fresh. I’m not usually picky about bathrooms in public, but I was definitely expecting better in a place like the Hippodrome. Not suprisingly, they delivered.

The concessions at the Hippodrome theater are

very expensive. However, they do have a bit of a variety. I could have had wine if I had wanted it. They had Dr. Pepper, which is something i really enjoy. The attendant there was very nice, and professional. I suppose you can’t really expect prices to be low in an establishment like this, but I wish there had been a cheaper option for snacks during the performance.

If you’re ever in the Baltimore area, and want to take in a show, I highly reccomend this theater over any others in the area. Though the prices are high, the experiences are priceless.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 594011378020831/k2311a014/1.4.11