The Samsung Alias 2
  • My overall experience with this phone has been splendid
  • I highly recommend this product to those who anticipate large amounts of messaging and multimedia interfacing, and place it at the top of my list upon recommendation

• by Jon Lowe

I walked into the Verizon store and was surrounded by phone of different shapes, sizes, and capabilities. As I browsed around the store, phones caught my eye every now and then but nothing really had a pull on me. This being my first phone, I had an idea of what I wanted but no clear vision of which phone could do it all for me. My final decision was the Samsung Alias 2 and here is why.

Texting was a must, and a lot

of it. This phone is wonderful for texting because it has both a standard numeric keypad and a full QWERTY keyboard. The Alias 2 has a double hinge which allows the user to flip the phone one way for calling and another way for texting. The keypad is unique in that the keys literally change. Using E-Ink Technology, the keypad switches back and forth between a keyboard and a traditional numeric look. The keys are raised and feel right on your fingertips and ...

• are easy to press.

It is equipped with a slew of features. Multimedia shortcuts, video and picture messaging, Bluetooth 2.1, media player, Auto focus camera, and up to 5 hours of talk time. This phone is loaded with tools that are very user friendly. Email and chat are built in and only need to be activated, and the Alias 2 also supports VZ Navigator which is a fully functioning GPS.

The structure is solid and feels sturdy when either on the phone with someone or

texting. The hard plastic out shell can sustain many drops onto pavement or hard surfaces, and the exterior button orientation prevents any pocket dialing or accidental texts. My overall experience with this phone has been splendid. I have never had to return it because of software issues or anything of the soft. It rarely freezes or needs to restart. I highly recommend this product to those who anticipate large amounts of messaging and multimedia interfacing, and place it at the top of my list upon recommendation.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 374011377980831/k2311a014/1.4.11