Toshiba Satellite U505-S2950  » Computers  »
  • I like that this particular laptop has matte finish, although the keys and around the screen are glossy which I do not care for
  • The Toshiba Satellite also has a super multi CD/DVD Burner Drive (a plus for me as I back up my files on a CD Rewritable) I would recommend this laptop to anyone
  • My biggest complaint is that the keys are glossy instead of matte, but I do not regret my purchase

• by Misty Oakes

I got a Toshiba laptop to try something new, as the previous computers I have used were HP. I like that this particular laptop has matte finish, although the keys and around the screen are glossy which I do not care for. Weight-wise, the Toshiba Satellite is not light enough to float, but it also does not feel like your carrying around a bag of rocks (my previous laptop was a tank).

The touchpad is pretty sensitive; if you have

it on while you are typing, it makes the mouse go all over the screen as your hand brushes it. I just turn it off if I am doing a lot of typing or use a corded mouse. The speakers, I will bluntly say, suck. They are dinky and you have to have them turned up as loud as they will go to even hear it so I usually use a pair of good headphones.

There is a control ...

• bar, I guess you would call it that, above the keypad where you can control volume, play, pause, fast-forward, rewind, and there is even one that brings up Windows Media Player. The player controls on the control pad work for DVD player programs, Windows Media, etc. They will not work for anything in browsers (i.e., you tube.com , playlist.com, etc.) that I have found.

This laptop does have a built-in adapter, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi. Sometimes, though very rarely, it will

not connect to or show any wireless connections. I usually have to troubleshoot the adapter then it works fine. It does reach a good distance and is strong. The Toshiba Satellite also has a super multi CD/DVD Burner Drive (a plus for me as I back up my files on a CD Rewritable) I would recommend this laptop to anyone. My biggest complaint is that the keys are glossy instead of matte, but I do not regret my purchase.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 194011377900831/k2311a014/1.4.11