Big Muff Germanium 4 pedal by Electro Harmonix
  • I bought the pedal with my christmas money, and I have really enjoyed it's capability in my guitar rig
  • It gives a beffy sound but I prefer just selecting either the distortion/overdrive
  • I might consider getting a noise suppressor to stop as much incoming noise as possible

• by pango14762

The Big Muff Germanium 4 pedal is an awesome stompbox made by the people of Electro Harmonix. I bought the pedal with my christmas money, and I have really enjoyed it’s capability in my guitar rig. I purchased this stombox at MAE, my local music store. It has a very colorful Hawaiian painting on the top of the pedal and it is

made out of pretty tough steel made for playing gigs. The power is is run by a few 9 volt batteries, but can be used in a pedal board as well to charge it up for longer use. The pedal functions in a very unique way. There is a distortion swith on one side and then an overdrive.

There is also a bias,gain, and a voltage switch. I mostly use the gain to give it a heavy vintage tone. The distortion switch really brings in a lot of midrange fuzz with a bit of high end. I mostly use the overdrive button, because of the really old tones I can get with it. When I play lead with the overdrive, It almost sounds ...

• Big Muff Germanium 4 pedal by Electro Harmonix
      like im playing live at Woodstock as Leslie West or Jimi Hendrix. It’s like a huge wall of sound. Theres also an option where you can select both of them. It gives a beffy sound but I prefer just selecting either the distortion/overdrive. The sound doesn’t come out right.

An other con about this footswitch is that it has a lot

of feedback. It’s mostly when I have it cranked. The Bias switch helps a bit, but I sometimes get radio frequencies as well. I might consider getting a noise suppressor to stop as much incoming noise as possible. Nonetheless, for about a hundred dollars you can buy this awesome pedal and it’s well worth it with all the tonal options it has.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 164011377890831/k2311a014/1.4.11