The Thorn Birds TV Mini Series  » TV  »
  • However, for someone like myself who has read the book many times, I know for a fact that the quoted line was more to express sarcasm about the constant tribulations that the heroine has experienced since having a love affair with a priest
  • I was lucky enough to watch the series twice, once in college, and I think it was shown again on cable TV ten years later
  • What I like most about this film was the tremendous production value

• by RichieMogwai

I can never forget The Thorn Birds TV Series, growing up in college, it was one spectacle that I relished following and watching with my mom. No doubt, there were some melodramatic moments, such as when protagonist Meggie Cleary’s delivers her line, which goes “What have I done but pay for the great sin of loving Ralph D’Brickassart.”

For those who have not read the novel of the same title upon which

the entire series was based, it is easy to be blinded and accuse the series of excessively much drama. However, for someone like myself who has read the book many times, I know for a fact that the quoted line was more to express sarcasm about the constant tribulations that the heroine has experienced since having a love affair with a priest.

I was lucky enough to watch the series ...

• twice, once in college, and I think it was shown again on cable TV ten years later. What I like most about this film was the tremendous production value. Everything was so well shot, except for the portion when Ralph and Meggie grow old. I could not help but laugh with my mom as we watched this part, which just happens to be the climactic portion. The make up
        looked so unreal it could have been a lot better had they just put powder on the actors’ faces.

Other than this, other parts of the series, scenically speaking are just spectacular. They literally take you to Drogheda, a vast farmland in the Australia. These scenes have left so much impact on me that the memory of these scenes still seem so fresh in my mind, after all these years.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 104011377870831/k2311a014/1.4.11