Triscuit Reduced Fat Crackers
  • I enjoy cheese and crackers for lunch often
  • I enjoyed Triscuits for quite some time because they have more fiber than most crackers in the same price range
  • They have a bit of a salt taste which I find goes well with most of the cheeses I like

• by Lacy Pearl

I enjoy cheese and crackers for lunch often. It may not be a four course meal but it satisfies me for hours. I’ve looked at ways to make this the healthiest meal I can and therefore have tried all sorts of crackers and cheeses. One thing that goes hand in hand with trying to find a healthy combo is that it’s also gotta be healthy for my pocket book too.

I enjoyed Triscuits for quite some time because they have more fiber

than most crackers in the same price range. They are a good size for a hunk of cheese which is nice. I also like that they don’t seem to get stale as quickly as some other crackers. Recently I switched to reduced fat and was a little hesitant at first about whether these would be as good.

I was pleasantly surprised. They give you a full seven crackers for a serving when I’ve found some others only give four. I don’t know many ...

• people who stop at just four crackers. There is protein, and fiber in decent amounts in this serving. They also keep calories, fat and sodium at a low which is a plus to me. The fat is only 2.5 grams per serving.

They are crunchy which I love. Most of all the taste isn’t low anything. They have a bit of a salt taste which I find goes well with most of the cheeses I like. They can be deceptively filling which

is also important to me because I’m always trying to keep an eye on my waistline. I also enjoy that they can be broken in half quite easily-that way I can make a cheese sandwich if the mood strikes.

Most times I can snag this cracker for under three dollars a box and occasionally for a two for five special which is also good for my budget. I find myself turning to this and a couple of different cheeses for a quick lunch more and more often.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 274011377860831/k2311a014/1.4.11