Meijer brand Monterey Pepper Jack Cheese
Meijer super stores in Michigan/Indiana/Ohio areas.
  • What I like about this cheese is it's very affordable, usually less than two dollars for eight ounces
  • I don't like cheeses that get air bubbles like the package hasn't been sealed properly or are too soft
  • I know affordability is at the top of most priorities for me, but with cheese in specific taste is very important also
  • With Meijer brand Monterey Pepper Jack I get a low- moisture cheese that I love because it's not super salty and has a snappy pepper taste to it

• by Lacy Pearl

I’m a bit of a cheeseaholic. I simply can’t get enough. I don’t really care for the highly ‘fake’ cheeses, like Velveeta, cheese spreads in jars, or liquid cheeses. I do love any kind that comes in a brick that I can cut into chunks and eat with crackers. I don’t like the price of cheese, though. Because of this I’ve learned to cut coupons and shop store brands.

I’ve discovered some not so pleasant off brand cheeses along the

way. I’ve also discovered Meijer brand Monterey Pepper Jack Cheese. What I like about this cheese is it’s very affordable, usually less than two dollars for eight ounces. This is comparable with other stores, but only when they do sales. Same with Kraft- it has to be on sale, plus I need a coupon to get this prices.

This cheese isn’t only affordable, it’s super good. I don’t like cheeses that get air bubbles like the package hasn’t been ...

• sealed properly or are too soft. This is a firm cheese which I enjoy. I’ve also had a lot of pepper jack cheeses that you can barely taste the spice, and I don’t really know what the point is of these. This cheese has a very nice spice to it from the jalapeño peppers, but isn’t too spicy. It also cubes up nicely for holiday cheese trays and everyone seemed to enjoy it.

I tend to gravitate toward this cheese because

it’s a little lower in sodium, calories and fat than most other cheeses, which is certainly a plus. I have even been lucky enough to occasionally get this on sale for close to a dollar! I know affordability is at the top of most priorities for me, but with cheese in specific taste is very important also. With Meijer brand Monterey Pepper Jack I get a low- moisture cheese that I love because it’s not super salty and has a snappy pepper taste to it!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 274011377830831/k2311a014/1.4.11