Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1
  • There is some magic in the Harry Potter books that the films industry, at least in my opinion, can't completely re-create

• by wanderer

The great and quite long series of books&movies which has been around for more than a decade is about to come to an end.

Being a loyal Harry Potter fan, I read all the books in the series, watched the movies and even played the computer games.

Usually I wasn’t very satisfied with the not-too-good attemps to bring Harry Potter to the screens, and mainly prefered the books over the rest.

Yet I just had to watch the almost-last movie of the famous

franchise. I admit that I’ve already prepared myself to a deep disappointment after watching the sixth movie some time ago.

Luckily I’ve had a nice surprise!

The movie really strikes you with a heart-touching scene at the beginning, reminding you how dark things have become in the world of harry potter.

Also it was so nice to see Harry, Ron and Hermione all grown-up and remember how young they were in the first movie.

The rest was also great, they’ve really brought to ...

• the movie the dark feeling and atmosphere of the book. The movie really made me feel things once in a while, together with the great characters, with great music by Alexandre Desplat.

Rightfully it was decided that the 7th book - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, deserves two movies. That really gave a chance to really stick to the book, much more than in the previous Harry-Potter films, which is absolutely great.

Still, with all the good things I’ve just said

there was something missing, just a tiny little something, it is very hard to explaing what. There is some magic in the Harry Potter books that the films industry, at least in my opinion, can’t completely re-create. That’s the only thing that made me give this movie a rating of 9 out of 10.

So eventually, the movie is recommended to every Harry Potter fan, even those which are loyal only to the books of the series and are not big fans of the big screen adaptations.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 114011377810831/k2311a014/1.4.11