Movie: How to Train Your Dragon  » Movies  »
  • And, after seeing it, I think it was definitely something that was unique
  • It isn’t as family friendly as I was expecting it to be but it still managed to be entertaining and I would recommend it

• by Review Vigilante

Since last night was New Years Eve and we didn’t have any plans to go out (we couldn’t find a sitter) we decided to stay home and watch a movie with our oldest daughter. Fortunately for us, we had the film How to Train Your Dragon. This is a movie my daughter has wanted to see since it first came out at theaters and even has a couple McDonalds toys representing it.

And, after seeing it, I

think it was definitely something that was unique. The movie is about a young Viking who lives in a village terrorized by dragons.

He attempts to prove himself by killing one and even knocks one out of the sky. But, before he can slay it, he has a change of heart and sets it free.

Eventually, realizing the dragon is hurt and cannot fly, he ends up befriending it and, in doing so, learns the creatures aren’t ...

• as evil as everyone else believes. As I said before, the plot is pretty unique and there is plenty of action to keep you entertained from start to finish.

I also liked how it avoided having a predictable ending. For a while, I wasn’t sure if it would even have the traditional happy ending.

My biggest complaint about this movie is it is much more violent than you would think a movie like this would be. There

is a lot of talk of killing and even some death shown on screen (especially at the end) along with an amputation.

Because of this, I would not recommend watching this movie with a young child because I think there is a legitimate chance they will get seriously scared. However, overall, I do still think this is a good movie.

It isn’t as family friendly as I was expecting it to be but it still managed to be entertaining and I would recommend it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 114011377490731/k2311a014/1.4.11