Great Value Peas
  • If you are looking for canned vegetables, especially peas, I would recommend this brand

• by Review Vigilante

We needed to stock up on some canned goods this past weekend because it had been a month or so since we went grocery shopping and, quite honestly, we were running very low. One of the things we picked up was canned peas. We did this because it is the one vegetable both of our kids will eat without a fight and, as a result, we go through them faster than anything else in the

house (other than maybe macaroni and cheese).

We didn’t want to spend too much money so I ended up buying the cheapest brand available; Great Value. So far, these were a good investment.

The price on the peas was pretty decent. We were able to buy the cans for under 60 cents; a very good price considering canned vegetables can run more than $1 in this area.

Of course, when we bought the peas, we ...

• were a bit concerned we were going to give something up in terms of overall quality. However, that was not the case.

First of all, there was decent quantity inside the can. I have purchased way too many other brands that barely gave us enough peas for the two kids.

There were enough in this can to feed all four of us and there were even some peas leftover (enough for all of us to

have one small serving each; though I suspect it’ll just be the kids eating them). As far as taste goes, these were also pretty decent.

A lot of other brands use too much salt when they can. That was not the case with this brand.

The peas had just their natural flavor. This also made me feel like I was giving our kids something a bit healthier than other brands.

If you are looking for canned vegetables, especially peas, I would recommend this brand.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 274011377430731/k2311a014/1.4.11