Bar S Hot Dogs  » Food  »
  • My wife decided to make hot dogs for dinner last night (I think she was determined to make sure the kids ate dinner without a fight so we could get them to bed early)
  • One of the first things I noticed about this brand was, when cooked, they didn’t shrink
  • As far as taste goes, they weren’t the best hot dogs we have ever purchased
  • Overall, I feel I would recommend this brand

• by Review Vigilante

My wife decided to make hot dogs for dinner last night (I think she was determined to make sure the kids ate dinner without a fight so we could get them to bed early). When she made them, I expected her to pull out a pack of Oscar Mayer hot dogs from the freezer (we usually can buy those in bulk) but, instead, she had another brand; Bar S.

This is a brand

that I remembered her buying the other day when we were out grocery shopping.

Even though we had hot dogs at home, our kids just didn’t seem all that interested in them and she figured they might be more interested if we switched brands; at least for one night.

She had another brand in mind but found the Bar S brand for almost $1 less.

Even though this was a cheaper brand, it ...

• proved to be one of the better ones we picked up.

One of the first things I noticed about this brand was, when cooked, they didn’t shrink.

I can’t tell you the number of times we have bought more expensive brands that were about half the size when they were finally done cooking.

These were the same size they were when they came out of the package.

As far as taste goes, they

weren’t the best hot dogs we have ever purchased.

But, they were better than many other brands that are out there.

They weren’t overly salty and, unlike the Oscar Mayer hot dogs, they didn’t have a taste that was a bit too strong (which is why the kids don’t care for them).

Overall, I feel I would recommend this brand.

There are better brands out there.

But, there are none that offer this much quality for such a low price.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 274011377410731/k2311a014/1.4.11