Black & Decker Classic Toaster Oven
  • I’m going to start out with the things I like about it

• by Review Vigilante

My wife and I practically live off of our toaster oven. I don’t think we have had a day that we have not used this device. That’s why, when the one we have had since we first got married was starting to wear out, we asked for a new one as a Christmas gift. We weren’t sure if we were going to get one, but my parents came through for us and bought us a Classic Toaster Oven from the brand Black & Decker.

When we first saw this toaster oven, we were thrilled. One of our biggest complaints about our older toaster oven was the size and this one was considerably bigger. After using it for about two weeks now, I can say I still enjoy the

present.

But, there are some things I don’t like about it too. I’m going to start out with the things I like about it. First, as I said before, this toaster oven is much bigger than the toaster oven we had prior to it.

In fact, it is big enough to cook a 12-inch pizza; something that is a big deal considering we are constantly having frozen pizza for dinner and it means we don’t have to dig out our pizza oven. While it is larger, the oven does not take up much more counter space than our old one did; this is a big bonus for us because we only have a limited amount of counter space in our kitchen to begin with. So far, the oven ...

• seems to cook as well as our old one did.

We have made everything from pizza to toast in it and have had no issues. That being said, as I mentioned before, there are a couple things I don’t like about this oven too. First, it takes quite some time to pre-heat; about as much time as our conventional oven.

This was a bit of a disappointment because I used to use our other toaster oven simply because it didn’t take as long to preheat. Of course, I should also mention, our previous oven didn’t have a preheating setting that let us know when it was warm enough. So, it is possible that oven took just as long to pre-heat and we just didn’t know it did.

Another

thing I don’t like about this oven is there are a bunch of extra dials on it. Our old oven had two and they were pretty easy to understand. One was a timer the other one was for the various settings.

This one has three and, to make toast, all three have to be set accordingly. This is the same if we use it as an oven. We managed to figure it out.

But, it was a bit more complicated than I expect something as simple as a toaster oven to be (especially when it comes to making toast). Overall though, I do still enjoy this kitchen appliance. It might have a few flaws, but it is an upgrade over what we had before and I can see us getting a lot of use out of it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 534011377400731/k2311a014/1.4.11