Family Dollar  » Shopping  »
2.0
715 N. Spring St., Beaver Dam, WI 53916
  • However, the store went under new management and, as a result, wasn’t as enjoyable of a shopping experience so we ended up cutting back on our shopping there to the point we rarely go to the store
  • However, a couple weeks ago, I was grocery shopping nearby and, since I still needed to buy a couple more gifts for the kids, I decided to walk in there for the first time in about 6 months
  • What really disappointed me about this store was the lack of selection
  • I thought the store was bad enough when it first went under new management but I obviously was wrong since it has gotten much, much worse

• by Review Vigilante

There was a time when my wife and I did almost all of our shopping at Family Dollar. It was close to our apartment at the time (we could walk there) and the prices were very competitive when compared to the other stores in the area. In fact, we once did all of our Christmas shopping there one year and our daughter never knew the difference.

However, the store went under new management and, as a result, wasn’t as enjoyable of a shopping experience so we ended up cutting back on our shopping there to the point we rarely go to the store. However, a couple weeks ago, I was grocery

shopping nearby and, since I still needed to buy a couple more gifts for the kids, I decided to walk in there for the first time in about 6 months.

Let’s just say I saw no reason to want to go back there. First of all, since my last shopping trip there, the store has been rearranged quite a bit.

I’m not sure what exactly they were attempting to do when they did this. But, the end result was it was very confusing.

In addition to some Christmas presents, I decided to check out the price on some common household items and found I couldn’t even figure out what aisle I ...

• was supposed to be looking in. Oh, and forget about asking an employee.

I could not find one; except for the lone cashier who appeared to be overworked because she had such a long line. What really disappointed me about this store was the lack of selection.

As I said before, we used to buy a lot of Christmas gifts at Family Dollar. This time around, I could not find a single thing for my kids.

They only had one row of toys and most of those were cheap pieces of crap that were over priced. The toys that were well known and were something I knew my kids would play

with were more expensive than at least two other stores in town (both of which were stores we intended on shopping at).

I did manage to find a couple things for the kids. But, I left the store feeling like I spent more money than what the presents were really worth and, overall, cannot say I enjoyed anything about my shopping experience.

I thought the store was bad enough when it first went under new management but I obviously was wrong since it has gotten much, much worse. I can’t say I won’t ever shop there again.

But, after re-experiencing this store, I can honestly say I saw no reason to shop there on a regular basis ever again either.

Family Dollar

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 244011377380731/k2311a014/1.4.11