Deerfield Farms Shredded Cheese  » Food  »
2.5
  • It was pretty cold out yesterday and I’m still fighting a cold so I decided to make chili for a late lunch/dinner
  • And, so far, I think this was a good purchase
  • I picked up the Mexican blend of cheese and used it on the chili and, right away, I found a couple things I liked about it
  • If you are looking for shredded cheese and don’t want to spend too much money, I would recommend this brand

• by Review Vigilante

It was pretty cold out yesterday and I’m still fighting a cold so I decided to make chili for a late lunch/dinner. I had most of the ingredients but, just before I started making the chili, I remembered my wife likes shredded cheese on hers and we didn’t have any left so I ran up the street to Walgreens to pick some up.

They had a couple brands to choose from but I

was a bit tight on money so I ended up picking the cheapest brand, Deerfield Farms.

And, so far, I think this was a good purchase.

I picked up the Mexican blend of cheese and used it on the chili and, right away, I found a couple things I liked about it.

For one, I loved the fact it melted so easily.

I have had other brands before that didn’t melt at all,

• even when in the microwave.

This brand melted just from the heat given off by the freshly cooked chili and that added quite a bit too it.

As far as taste goes, it was also pretty good.

The blend of cheeses meshed perfectly with dinner and the cheese tasted both fresh and as though it was made with top quality ingredients.

I can’t tell you the number of times I have spent money

on cheaper brands and not been able to say something like that about those.

My only real complaint about this brand is there didn’t seem to be as much cheese inside the package as with other brands.

But, we rarely finish a bag of shredded cheese before it goes bad so I guess this wasn’t too big of a deal.

If you are looking for shredded cheese and don’t want to spend too much money, I would recommend this brand.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 274011377350731/k2311a014/1.4.11