Johnson’s Clean and Clear Toner  » Cosmetics  »
  • I think it was actually 15 years ago that this came out, and it has mostly worked for me over the years
  • I have tried all these different treatments over the years and I found back then the other brand named Spot treatments seemed to be too harsh for my skin
  • I have the Cotton Wool damp but not too wet and this lets me wipe this across my face no problem

• by leeanne160480

I’ve been using this Toner off and on for the last 15 years. I think it was actually 15 years ago that this came out, and it has mostly worked for me over the years.

I have always suffered with bad skin. My skin is Oily, greasy and I get some Spots. I have tried all these different treatments over the years and I found back then the other brand named Spot treatments seemed to be too harsh for my skin. It’s like they angered it and made my face get red patched and they seemed to dry my face out.

Perhaps

the secret is that this comes in a Sensitive and a normal kind. I’ve always used the Sensitive one.

The bottle size is 150ml and this costs around £3. it can be a little cheaper sometimes when on offer, but the offers on this range aren’t that great. The normal offer is 2 for £5.

The bottle is alright. It’s a clear plastic bottle which is a kind of rectangular shape. There is a label on the back advising on how to use this and the ingredients, and the label on the front just gives the branding and looks kind of clinical ...

• with the little squares on it. At least there is some kind of picture on here. The flip top lid is easy to open.

All you do is put some of this onto Cotton Wool and wipe across your face. It doesn’t sting at all, and I think it tingles but in a clean way. If you look at the cotton wool after you have used it and if you think your face was really clean then it will probably look quite black the pad. I take that as a good sign as it feels like it is getting all the

rubbish off your face.

A little of this goes a long way. I have the Cotton Wool damp but not too wet and this lets me wipe this across my face no problem. This way it dries quick enough as well.

After this has been used my skin feels that bit matted and dried out but not in a bad way. It mops away all the Oil and although my face does get a touch shiny later on at night I think for the price of this it does a really good job.

One for you if you have Oily or Spotty skin.

Sihle says :

re : I think it was actually 15 years ago that this came out, and it has mostly worked for me over the years
    i have been searching inevery shop in johannesburg for the johnson’s toner and cleanser to no avail..what is going on?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 314011377170731/k2311a014/1.4.11