“Hangin’ Out” Cat Mug by Lang
  • But now I have gone on their website, and I have noticed that they sell calendars, stationery, puzzles, and many other products
  • The site features a few different cat mugs, but I think that this mug entitled Hangin' Out has the most character

• by Lisa Pellegrini

I just got this mug for Christmas, because I am a cat lover. I had never been familiar with this company Lang before. But now I have gone on their website, and I have noticed that they sell calendars, stationery, puzzles, and many other products. The site features a few different cat mugs, but I think that this mug entitled “Hangin’ Out” has the most character.

What we see here is a very picturesque scene of a furry white, black, and brown cat that is lying on a chair outside in what looks like a backyard. Part of his head is resting on the arm of the chair, and his eyes are half open so that he looks sleepy. The major

colors in the scene are shades of green from the grass and leaves, and then we have a flash of red from the flower pot beside the cat. The contrast of the bright red against the green is beautiful and makes me think of Christmas, although this is not a Christmas scene. I really admire the fine detailing of the artwork here. The cat’s fur looks very soft and realistic, and I can count every whisker on his face. The cat’s pose and facial expression are adorable, and he kind of reminds me of the way my own cat used to look sometimes. I remember the way she used to lie on a chair, curled up like a pretzel with ...

• her paw covering her face like she wanted everyone to leave her alone and let her sleep. And sometimes she would slowly and dreamily blink her eyes, like she was in a relaxed and happy mood.

I think this is the perfect mug for cat lovers who observe and appreciate the quirky behavior of cats. There is something amusing about the indifferent, sleepy-eyed, “don’t bother me” look on this cat’s face. If you are a cat lover, then you would understand what I mean, and I’m sure you would get a laugh from looking at the cat on this mug, too.

This mug costs $9.95 on the Lang website. It comes in a lovely box that you can use to store keepsakes,

jewelry, or whatever you wish. The lid on the box matches the scene on the mug, so I think that makes it special, because it really does want to make you keep the box.

I only have two minor complaints about this mug. One complaint is that the cat’s tail is not visible on the mug itself, and yet it is visible on the box lid. That doesn’t make sense, considering that it is the same exact scene. My other complaint is that the mug is somewhat small. It would have been nice if it were a little larger, so that I would be able to put more coffee in it. But otherwise, I think this is a very cute mug for cat lovers.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 464011377120631/k2311a014/1.4.11