Del Monte Spaghetti Sauce
PH
  • I don’t mind paying a few extra pesos for guaranteed quality – I paid 75 pesos for a 500 gram pack, while the other brands were priced at around 65 pesos

• by jandi70

Life has really gotten quite easier since instant spaghetti sauces started coming out. Gone are the days of having to sample the taste time and again while cooking, since we can now buy ready-mixed spaghetti sauces.

This is especially important to me as a mom of three kids who can’t think of anything else to request during special occasions other than spaghetti.

And in the Philippines, when we talk about spaghetti, we automatically think of the red,

tomato based sauce.

So this Christmas, spaghetti was once again present in our Noche Buena menu.

I realized when I shopped three weeks ago that there has been a number of brands that came out carrying this product.

But as always, I chose Del Monte.

I don’t mind paying a few extra pesos for guaranteed quality – I paid 75 pesos for a 500 gram pack, while the other ...

• brands were priced at around 65 pesos.

Among the three varieties that Del Monte has, I always choose the Filipino style.

Its taste is sweet, just how my children love it.

After sautéing the garlic, onion, ground beef and hotdog slices, I added Del Monte spaghetti sauce, let it boil, sprinkle a little bit of salt, pepper and some rosemarie leaves, and voila — I already have the sauce for my

pasta.

This released me from the hassle of estimating the amount of tomato sauce, tomato paste, sugar and other spices I’d have to put in my recipe.

It gave me more time to move on to my other courses for the night, and thereby allowing me to have ample time to prepare myself for the other activities we planned out to celebrate Christmas.

Del Monte Spaghetti Sauce

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 274011376980631/k2311a014/1.4.11