Assured Tussin DM Alcohol Free Cough Syrup  » Medicine  »
0.5
  • I really hate to over medicate myself and try to avoid it if possible
  • I paid a dollar for the bottle and took it home
  • When I got home, I was a little disappointed when I opened the box to uncover that there was no type of measuring cup or spoon
  • I of course just decided to measure out two tbsp on my home with a spoon, but don’t prefer to do that because I like my dosing to be precise
  • I would never recommend this medicine to anyone, not even my enemies

• by titusv

I really hate to over medicate myself and try to avoid it if possible. I hate being in situations when I get sick, but don’t have all the symptoms on the multi symptom cold medication. At one time, I had a really bad cough, due to a cold. For some reason I did not feel any other symptoms with this cold and thought it was a fairly unusual strand that I had. I remembered some cough medicine that I had seen on the shelf at a dollar store nearby and wanted to give it a try before buying anything else more expensive. I paid a dollar for the bottle

and took it home. When I got home, I was a little disappointed when I opened the box to uncover that there was no type of measuring cup or spoon. I of course just decided to measure out two tbsp on my home with a spoon, but don’t prefer to do that because I like my dosing to be precise.

As I poured the medication, it was a little watery and not really thick like some other syrups. The taste was not very nice, and it was a little bitter. However, it went down very smoothly because of the consistency of the liquid. There was no real flavoring to ...

• it, and it was a basic sugary medicine flavor. After taking it the taste went away almost immediately and I did not have to deal with the taste sticking on my tongue for hours. Later on, I was hoping to see some significant results, and I just did not get them. I did not feel any difference in my cough whatsoever, and I thought that the medicine was some sort of placebo. I took some more of this medicine and still did not feel much better. I don’t know if my cough was too strong to be taken down with this medicine or if the medicine was just weak.
        I ended up taking a different medication and got better results with it.

I feel that this medicine has no real purpose. I think it is all well and good that it is alcohol free and non drowsy, but that is just not enough. I figured that if it is a cough syrup it should do something for my cough. The bottle cannot possibly last very long, considering I have to take multiple doses and still don’t feel any better. I also feel that this medicine was a complete waste of one dollar that could have been better spent otherwise. I would never recommend this medicine to anyone, not even my enemies.

Assured Tussin DM Alcohol Free Cough Syrup
    Ruby says :

re : I would never recommend this medicine to anyone, not even my enemies
    I won’t even recommend this dollar store product to anyone because when I ingested some of it,I came to figure out it was chemically toxic and tampered with inside bio-pharm inc. the manufacturer in Levittown Pennsylvania. FDA forensic chemistry crime center analyst and personnel identified this assured tussin DM cough syrup deemed it intentionally poisoned and bio-pharm inc.is the point of origin The FDA refused to recall this product stating that they deleted the chemicals and foreign particles analyst found inside this cough syrup from me and the public,because telling what hazardous deadly chemicals someone inside bio-pharm inc. put into this cough syrup wasn’t appropriate the FDA forensic chemistry crime center had given the positive case information to a Indiana FDA office of criminal investigations office agent all of their evidence information to go inside bio-pharm inc to investigate them,this agent refused to tell me what chemicals poisoned me,he was only interested in keeping me from suing bio-pharm inc. he retaliated against me for seeking compensation and tells me not to tell anyone about this cough syrup poisoning me and threatened me with false imprisonment by his own accord he tells me I’m to suffer at the hands of hardened criminals and when it came time for my release,he’d still be around to make sure that it didn’t happen,and he wasn’t going to help me seek compensation from bio-pharm inc by investigating them for this federal crime of tampering and poisoning of this assured cough syrup,now I have blood cancer,a ruptured mucousal esophageal tear,kidney and liver damage,my cancer is terminal A coordinator at the FDA forensic chemistry crime center in Cincinnati,Ohio told me on the phone that one of the chemicals was glacial acetic acid But I recently found out that ethylene glycol calcium oxalate crystals are in my urine and ethylene glycol derivatives of ethyl alcohol,methanol,acetone,isopropanol and a fluorescent chemical called fluorescein is in my blood.i can’t believe the FDA has treated me this way I didn’t deserve to get this chemical induced malignant cancer,I do by law deserve pain and suffering compensation,the FDA that’s involved in this cover up,needs to be repremended for not giving me the chemical analysis and stopping me from suing this manufacturer I will never purchase any medicine manufactured inside bio-pharm inc.which are dollar tree inc/ greenbrier intl.owned products

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 264011376680631/k2311a014/1.4.11