Kiyoseki Mineral Ceramic Styler  » Other  »
www.kstyler.com
  • I found it easy to clean and though it took some getting used to, I was able to maneuver it quite well in order to make curls and spirals, or a neat bob
  • I enjoyed that the cord had plenty of length, although I usually kept the twist tie wrapped around it because in most cases it was more than I needed, only two prongs on the cord, no reset or test buttons
  • I owned the iron for two years, using it about every two weeks, before I was in the middle of doing my hair and noticed that it seemed to be losing heat
  • At first, I thought that I had accidentally pressed the power button with the palm of my hand - again, but I tried turning it on and nothing
  • The DVD included with the iron didn’t appear to give any instruction that I hadn’t already seen in the infomercial that prompted me to get my K-Styler but the spiral curls came out beautifully, I impressed a lot of people with my hair

• by mswelldone

On the outside the K-Styler is attractive to me. The unit appears to come in one style/color combination, which is the pink and silver you see on the website or infomercial. I found it easy to clean and though it took some getting used to, I was able to maneuver it quite well in order to make curls and spirals, or a neat bob. I enjoyed that the cord had plenty of length, although I usually kept the twist tie wrapped around it because in most cases it was more than I needed, only two prongs on the cord, no reset or test buttons. The display is also attractive, I never had any problems reading it, it lights up blue, until you get to about 330 degrees or so, then it turns green, and red for about 375 degrees and up (to 410 degrees).

I felt that this small feature complimented my (usually strenuous) hair-styling process with a tiny spark of organization, it was somewhat therapeutic for me. The weight is ideal for something hot that you will have to have full control over, as it hovers above your head. It doesn’t lock shut but the case is lined with thermal material and it really didn’t

take more than about 15 minutes to cool off. I am of African-American ethnicity and my shoulder-length hair consists of teensy tiny curls that have broken a few combs in its day; and since I don’t use relaxer I usually detangle it myself at the salon.

Because I almost always heat-style, I was looking for something that would minimize damage after blow-drying. Every time I used the K-Styler, the led color was red. I owned the iron for two years, using it about every two weeks, before I was in the middle of doing my hair and noticed that it seemed to be losing heat. At first, I thought that I had accidentally pressed the power button with the palm of my hand - again, but I tried turning it on and nothing.

After waiting 24 hours and trying again, it’s officially dead now. The warranty only lasts 60 days, unless the plates are the problem, but the iron doesn’t light up at all. This was an upsetting discovery but I have more to tell about my experience. The iron reaches the specified heat quite quickly and as long as you are careful not to hit the buttons, it stays there.

The first two times ...

• I used it, I had amazing results. I hadn’t used the included mist products yet but I was using another moisturizing lotion and the shine and body far exceeded results that I had gotten on my own with other tools. The Kiyoseki left me feeling confident and beautiful. With more uses I noticed diminished shine and body, but the results were still fantastic, it was simple to use and left me with manageable beautiful hair.

At first, I had been skeptical about floating plates, I thought they would result in burnt hair and uneven heat distribution - not at all. My hair requires less heat toward the root, than it does toward the ends, so in going over each small section three times I found that going a little slower at the ends gave me the desired results. I had already owned my Kiyoseki for about a year before I finally decided to try it for curly styles. I had used it to curl the ends before, which at first, gave me really tight curls, as though I had used a ½’’ curling iron (over time, those little curls came out a little more frizzy if I made the mistake of producing them).

The DVD included

with the iron didn’t appear to give any instruction that I hadn’t already seen in the infomercial that prompted me to get my K-Styler but the spiral curls came out beautifully, I impressed a lot of people with my hair. After using it for curls a few times, the paint started to wear off and now the Kiyoseki looks like it has been through the ringer, if the paint particles were stuck in my hair, I never noticed them. The plates still look almost as good as they did when I first got the styler, maybe they aren’t quite as shiny. I thought that the shampoo and conditioner were average.

They did moisturize but nothing spectacular there. I did find the conditioning mist useful for detangling my wet hair and the finishing mist did help to fight frizz. Although I really loved having the Kiyoseki Styler, I will probably try out a different styler now that this one is no longer usable. Hopefully, I’ll find one that lasts longer.

For as rarely as I used this one, which actually might have come out to less often than bi-weekly, I feel that I should have had it longer. Aside from that, I was very happy with it while I had it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 124011376620631/k2311a014/1.4.11