Line 6 XD-V70 Digital Wireless Microphone  » Electronics  »
  • I'm a professional DJ in the Houston area, and I needed a second wireless microphone for a corporate event that I was playing this past December, that's when my experience began
  • I was in a bind, and I had heard the Line 6 XD-V70 at a mobile beat tour, and was impressed with it
  • To say that I'm happy with this microphone is an understatement

• by Tunes4MyParty

I’m a professional DJ in the Houston area, and I needed a second wireless microphone for a corporate event that I was playing this past December, that’s when my experience began. I had been using a Shure PG-x24 Beta 58 wireless microphone system, and that system has been great in it’s own right. In fact, I was so happy with the Shure system, I was actually going to buy a second. However, none of the stores in my area had one in stock that was set to the frequency band that I was looking for. I was in a bind, and I had heard the Line 6 XD-V70 at a mobile beat tour,

and was impressed with it. Guitar Center had this mic in stock, and I took a chance on it. I’m VERY glad that I did.

The XD-V70 has incredible sound quality. It’s digital, which means that the sound is digitized in the transmitter, sent digitally to the receiver, and converted back to analog there. Because the signal is digital, there is no need for companding as is required with analog wireless systems. On top of the outstanding digital transmission system, the quality of the microphone element is top notch. In fact, this mic is built to allow the microphone element to be changed out and is compatible with Shure microphone elements.

• I tried my Beta 58 element on the Line 6 transmitter, and I quickly went back to the Line 6 element. It sounded much better than the beta 58. If you like the sound of the beta 58, you’re in luck, as the Line 6 models the sound of six different pro grade microphones, including the Beta 58. I tried these different models, and they did a great job with the modeling, but I preferred the stock sound of the V70.

On top of the great sound, the system features 12 different channels, and a nice feature to help you find a clear channel to use. A huge bonus for me is that I

no longer have to throw out the batteries before an event because I no longer have to guess how much batter life is left. On both the transmitter and receiver, the XD-V70 features an indication of battery life. On the transmitter, this indication is provided in hours and minutes left.

To say that I’m happy with this microphone is an understatement. In fact, I would love to sell my Shure system in order to get some money towards a second XD-V70. I will be buying a lapel system soon, and I will no doubt be purchasing the Line 6 digital lapel system which uses the same technology and receiver as this system.

Ross Henning, Houston, TX

Daniel Burton says :

Thank you Ross Henning of Houston for posting a review. It’s tough deciding to spent $ 500 on one microphone without having some confidence in the product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 164011376610631/k2311a014/1.4.11