GIMP Graphics Editor  » Software  »
  • The icon or the mascot is I think a small gray fox
  • It's really amazing that I can get the benefits, features and tools from Adobe Photoshop for free without having to download it illegally in this GIMP software
  • I recommend it for anyone who likes editing and getting creative with images

• by autumndreamer

It is hard to download Adobe Photoshop on the Internet for Free. There are sites where I can download it but most of it are not free, most are just trial versions which don’t work, some are free but I’m not sure if safe to download. Getting Adobe Photoshop for my PC is difficult unless I have a friend who purchased it and let me borrow it for a while but I don’t. Adobe Photoshop is really expensive and some people says it’s just a waste of money. That is how I found out about GIMP. I was searching an Adobe Photoshop download when I encountered this software. It’s just the same as Adobe.

Gimp stands for GNU Image Manipulation Program. It is for editing and retouching images. It is available to Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. And the best thing about it is it’s free! I downloaded it for free from their site right away. They say this has many similar features to Adobe

Photoshop. The icon or the mascot is I think a small gray fox. It’s so cute. I think the software is so user-friendly.

So I tried it immediately after it was completely installed. I have to edit so many pictures that I will need to upload on a social networking site and show to my friends. Well, at first I didn’t know how to use it. But it doesn’t look so complicated at all. I can easily know what this and that is for. I can easily find what tool I want to use. Of course, I still need to study a bit about this software so I went to the Help menu which is really helpful. Then I started editing my pictures. It’s just easy to use. There are so many features that are the same with Adobe Photoshop. If you know how to use Adobe Photoshop, then using this software will be easy for you. If you’re a first-timer in image editing, this will ...

• still be easy. There are many image editing tricks and techniques on the site. Sometimes I just refer to the site if I need help. There are many tutorials about Image retouching. I can retouch, edit, crop, resize, reduce file size, beautify, decorize a photo or just simply change the color of my eyes with it.

When my best friend saw my pictures, she asked where did I get my Adobe Photoshop. She’s been trying so hard to download Adobe Photoshop on the internet but everything she downloads doesn’t work. I laughed and I said it’s not Adobe, it’s GIMP. I recommended it to her so that she can also edit her pictures like me just for free.

I’m really happy that I accidentally discovered this GIMP and now I don’t have any problems with Photoshops anymore. It’s really amazing that I can get the benefits, features and tools from Adobe Photoshop for free without having to download it illegally in this GIMP software. GIMP is such

an awesome invention. I know it helped many people. They’re right that Adobe is just a waste of money.

So overall, the pros about this software: it is completely free and can be downloaded from its website. It is surely safe and legal and free, not trial or anything. It’s the full version and you can use it anytime you want. It has the same features and tools as Adobe Photoshop so you don’t have to spend cash anymore. It’s not hard to find, it’s not like you have to search a download site or download link of it from anywhere, it’s just available on their site. I think there are no cons about it so far. It’s easy to use and I got myself familiar with the tools and features already.

All in all, this is such a good substitute to Adobe Photoshop. Gimp is a really amazing image editing software. I’m glad I found it. I recommend it for anyone who likes editing and getting creative with images.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 304011376600631/k2311a014/1.4.11