Bobby Brown Creamy Concealer and Powder  » Cosmetics  »
  • I know, Bobby Brown brand of cosmetics can be pricy, but I wanted to check out her concealers because I saw my cousin using it and I somehow got curious about it
  • There are different shades to choose from, but this was the best peachy-yellowish shade that really fit my skin
  • One thing I noticed though, if I use the loose powder, the concealer does not settle in my fine lines
  • I think I may have to buy a blending brush for applying the loose powder to set the concealer

• by tabs

I went to the makeup counters to check out Bobby Brown’s line of cosmetics. I know, Bobby Brown brand of cosmetics can be pricy, but I wanted to check out her concealers because I saw my cousin using it and I somehow got curious about it.

Bobby Brown Concealers come in small pots. I was able to find my shade in the makeup counter with the help of the makeup artist. She was able to test what shade fit me most, and we finally decided on the shade of Natural. There are different shades to choose from, but this was the best peachy-yellowish shade that really fit my skin. I really needed something for my under eye circles, not so much about blemishes because I do not really have

a lot of those. The Bobby Brown Concealers come in pots of singles, or pots with a small compartment for the loose powder to set it with. I loved their concept of having a concealer cream and powder in one container.

A pot of combination concealer and loose powder costs $32. It comes in a chic container with a black lid cover that has a small mirror under the cover. There are two flip covers. One is for the top part which holds the creamy concealer, the other is for the container of the loose powder. It is so cute because you do not need to carry both in your purse! It also comes with a small sponge puff for the loose powder.

I bought the Natural shade. What comes ...

• with it is the loose powder in Pale Yellow. I use a concealer brush to get some product off the pot. I only dabbed a small amount on my concealer brush, and then just brushed my under eyes with the concealer. The consistency is very creamy but it is very pigmented. I only needed small amounts to cover my under eye circles. It is very blendable and it blended very well on my skin. I finish it off by applying the loose powder. What I hate about it is that the case is very small and that when I opened the lower lid some of the powder went all over the place. It was a mess. The powder was difficult to control because the container was very small.

Lasting

power is just okay. It does make my eyes look brighter and my face look rested, but the lasting power is not too good. One thing I noticed though, if I use the loose powder, the concealer does not settle in my fine lines. If I use a different powder, say, a pressed powder, it will cake up or accentuate my lines.

This is a good concealer for dark under eyes. Just a little bit will brighten up the face and the powder is readily available just in case. I think I may have to buy a blending brush for applying the loose powder to set the concealer. The small sponge puff is quite difficult to use with the size of the pot that holds the loose powder.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 313011376431031/k2311a013/1.3.11