Film “The Carriers” (2009)  » Movies  »
  • I really enjoyed how the story unfolded here
  • I thought the makeup and special effects in this film were great
  • I think other fans of horror will enjoy this movie as much as I did

• by mamjess

The opening scene of carriers is a group of young people driving down the road drinking. We find out they are following some sort of code of rules they made up but not why. They soon come upon a car that is stopped and begging for gas.

At this point we learn that some sort of virus is going around because the man we later learn is named Frank who is the driver of the second car lies and tells the kids they are not infected which we learn is a lie in the next moment when his kid wearing a bloody mask appears. We still do not know what is going on and what this virus is but by showing the bloody surgical mask the

viewer gets a sense this is a bad ebola type virus where people are coughing up blood.

The two cars end up stuck together after the kids break down and we slowly find out more about the virus as they discover more dead and infected people on their voyage. I really enjoyed how the story unfolded here.

There are a lot of similar movies such as 28 days later, but this is a little different in that we never learn what the virus really is and where it came from. We get little bits of info like how the infected can spread it by their breath and you need to disinfect but each bit of info comes out slowly during the voyage.

In ...

• the story, Brian, the older brother is driving his younger brother, Danny, Brian’s girlfriend, Bobby and a girl they don’t know named Kate to a remote beach where the brothers summered as kids, hoping that the remote location will keep them safe from this virus that is killing off everyone. They take Frank and his daughter along briefly because they have no choice.

In the end they abandon them because the daughter is infected and they do not want to die as well. Once Bobby is infected she too is abandoned as they try to do with Brian when he gets sick.

I did not see the ending coming which always delights me. I knew some of the principle cast would die, but I did

not guess correctly.

I will save the ending as a surprise for you, but I enjoyed the ending as well as the whole story and I liked how we never really know if the remaining cast is infected or not and if they will live. I thought the makeup and special effects in this film were great.

They did a believable job without going over the top. The acting was well done as was the casting.

I have no complaints about this film and I am shocked it is not more well known as I thought it was almost as good as the better known 28 days later or Resident Evil which are very similar. I think other fans of horror will enjoy this movie as much as I did.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 113011376180931/k2311a013/1.3.11