Wanjia Air Freshener in Lavender  » Housewares  »
  • I love scents and my room could sometimes develop weird smells as time passes
  • I dreamt of smelling lavender flowers in my linens, but after a number of days, spanning less than a week, I thought the product was all used up
  • I like the fresh aroma of lavender in this product, though stagnant, it seemed a grounded version of the smoky spa oils and it smells soapy
  • I don’t recommend this fleeting brand of room fragrance

• by jhunie

I love scents and my room could sometimes develop weird smells as time passes. My aunt brought us some household stuff, including a box of scented deodorizers. I was drawn to the lavender scent of this air freshener called Wanjia. Maybe I was growing sick of the tropical-scented spray I’ve used around my room. That fruity smell carries an annoyingly sweet vanilla base which doesn’t suit me, and it doesn’t cling to my sheets long enough to last the next day, not even for a full day. At least, it rid the earthy smell coming from my walls. I had 2 of the air fresheners placed inside my bedroom. I dreamt of smelling lavender flowers in my linens, but after a number of days, spanning less than a week, I thought the product was all used up. The product, or perhaps the scent, ceased to exist.

I like the

fresh aroma of lavender in this product, though stagnant, it seemed a grounded version of the smoky spa oils and it smells soapy. The smell is dry with a creamy texture. I was a bit surprised upon smelling it for the first time, because it didn’t smell very synthetic. It’s too soft for an air freshener. I also have a lavender perfume, which gave me a good example of what happens when lavender is rendered with an aquatic, diluted quality. This air freshener, despite it being a domestic stuff, gave a sharp contrast to the latter, so I was able to enrich my familiarity to the various kinds of lavender notes. In fact, it smells truthful of lavender scents. It doesn’t give me wafts of lavender like the strong scented oils. The strange thing was that it reminded me of the scent given off by a certain mosquito ...

• repellent. I couldn’t put a hand on it, however.

It’s basically useless because I couldn’t gather a hint of the lavender smell even at a proximate distance. The smell only comes to your senses up close. So how would it wrap my entire bedroom in a warm calming fragrance if the smell doesn’t come out? I suppose its only purpose is to deodorize my room, like the bathroom kind, and not as an all-over room fragrance. It would have been nice to fill my bedside with lavender, but even that doesn’t work. After much despair, I was able to find a way to strategically infuse the lavender scent into the air. I placed it below my airconditioner, not too low, just the right height for the scent to be carried along the blown air coming from the vents. On fan mode, the shy air freshener finally wafted through the

airconditioner, it brought me and my room a cozy change of mood.

To contradict my conviction that it barely lasts, I believed it doesn’t literally get used up because some of the jelly-like material remains inside its container, or rather it really doesn’t budge just like that, compared to car fresheners with nauseous citrusy scents – they always seem depleted and you can tell by the receding amount inside them. I looked at the content inside its purple pot. It’s actually made of a waxy material, like candle. The container is easily disposable as opposed to tin cans. It sucks to know that the product doesn’t last. It’s difficult to come across a lavender scented product across the myriad of domestic things sold in stores. I don’t recommend this fleeting brand of room fragrance. But subjectively, in my favor, I really liked the lavender scent, and it could be worth a sniff.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 533011376110931/k2311a013/1.3.11