Aqua Velva After Shave Lotion Cologne Musk  » Cosmetics  »
1.5
  • To me, this was more of a cologne than it was an after shave lotion, and that's not what I was after when I bought this product
  • It's simply an after shave lotion that I was happy with, but others that like strong-smelling after shave lotion and don't have skin that gets as easily irritated after shaving as mine does may love this after shave lotion

• by CirclingCanvas

Before I had the good fortune of coming across Brut Moisturizing After Shave Balm, Aqua Velva After Shave Lotion Cologne Musk was one of the after shave lotions I tried. It was reasonably inexpensive as I recall, costing me under two dollars for small bottle. Although the bottle was small, I never finished it up. The after shave lotion itself felt okay when I applied it to my face, although it didn’t feel as invigorating or refreshing as the Brut Moisturizing After Shave Balm. Still, unlike with eview Lucky Tiger Bay Rum After Shave, my skin thankfully didn’t have any unexpected or unwanted reactions to the after shave. The after shave lotion helped with some of the discomfort that I feel after shaving, but the main reason I couldn’t bring myself

to continue using this after shave lotion was because of the very noticeable, really much too prominent, scent that accompanied the after shave lotion.

I personally prefer after shave lotion not to have much of a flagrance to it. A little is okay, but I don’t want something that really hits a person’s nose hard. The scent of the after shave lotion bothered me because I could smell it for hours after I had used it and it didn’t weaken that much in terms of how strong the scent was. To me, this was more of a cologne than it was an after shave lotion, and that’s not what I was after when I bought this product. Now for those out there that like after shave lotions that have a dominating flagrance that’s closer to a perfume rather than a cologne, this after shave lotion is probably one that you’ll want to try. I on the other hand simply didn’t care for the strong scent and I felt that the effects of the after shave lotion when applied to my face weren’t significant enough to overcome my dislike for the prominence and aroma that the after shave lotion gave off and continued to give off.

I personally think Brut Moisturizing After Shave Balm feels better on my skin than this after shave lotion. The Brut product soothes my sore skin. This product provides a mild degree of relief, but it’s not a relief that’s comparable to the Brut product, which also works to heal the areas that I shaved over, so my skin ...

• Aqua Velva After Shave Lotion Cologne Musk
      doesn’t look irritated or damaged. I couldn’t say the same for this after shave lotion after I used it a couple of times. It didn’t seem to help give me healthy looking skin like the Brut product did. It did, however, provide about the same degree of smoothness as most after shave lotions that I had tried. Since the this after shave lotion didn’t deliver stellar results, my decision to discontinue using it wasn’t a hard one to arrive at. Fortunately, I hadn’t spent much money on the after shave lotion, so that made the decision a bit easier to come to.

The Aqua Velva After Shave Lotion Cologne Musk simply isn’t for me. I don’t look for after shave lotions that have a strong fragrance. Others do, so it’s something that

comes down to personal preference. For me, this was one of the big reasons I didn’t want to use this after shave lotion any longer, but for others, they may want to use the after shave lotion because of it’s prominent and lasting scent. The other reason was I just didn’t think it was a very good after shave lotion. I felt it didn’t provide as much relief and healing to my skin as I was looking for in an after shave lotion. Basically, that’s why I’m giving this after shave lotion a “3″ rating. It’s simply an after shave lotion that I was happy with, but others that like strong-smelling after shave lotion and don’t have skin that gets as easily irritated after shaving as mine does may love this after shave lotion.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 313011375970931/k2311a013/1.3.11