Viewsonic 3D projector Ready Home Theatre Bundle  » Electronics  »
  • This projector was roughly $400 when I bought it
  • However, after using it for a long time such as watching three or four movies in a row, I like to leave it in cool mode where the light and everything is off and the fan is on
  • I was watching Planet Earth (DVD set documentary like film) and the picture quality was amazing
  • However, there is a bit of problem for action films
  • For these types of films, I prefer watching it on the TV instead

• by MisterTickle

I got this Viewsonic projector bundle mainly because it was on sale. According to BestBuy, this project is half off so I’m saving 50%. This projector was roughly $400 when I bought it. I have to say, “I’ve never seen anything like this!” This is just one awesome projector.

The box includes the projector itself and a pull down screen. Many projectors do not come with a pull down screen. Movies are projected on a white wall instead of this screen. Unless the wall is painted perfectly, the movie effects aren’t the greatest. However, this screen is really handy. The screen size is 80 inches in diagonally speaking. I don’t have a ruler to measure 80 inches so I’m just saying this according to the specifications. Whether it is actually 80 inches or not doesn’t really matter because the screen is big, no matter what size you think it is.

The pull down screen is a bit poorly built. After pulling it out/ using it a few

times, the mechanism is starting to fail on me. I’m not sure if all models are like this or just mine.

The projector itself is excellent. It’s a bit bigger than regular projectors. I would say it is approximately half the size of one of those really large old fashion computer monitors. Although it is big, it isn’t the same weight as half of the old fashion computer monitors. This projector is fairly light. According to the manual, this projector weights 2.6 kilograms so roughly five pounds.

After using it a few times, I have to say that putting it away is really easy. Unlike other projectors I’ve seen, where you must wait for it to cool after unplugging it, this projector does not need to. I can simply unplug it and put it away. However, after using it for a long time such as watching three or four movies in a row, I like to leave it in “cool” mode where the light and everything is ...

• off and the fan is on. I don’t want any heat to build up and eventually destroy this projector.

The actual performance of this projector is great. This projector has a very simple control navigation visual and physical menu. The small, somewhat circular keypad is very easy to use with the basic up, down, left, and right keys. Along with the power button and a few other keys for quick navigation, I would say that I can manage this projector in the dark.

What I wouldn’t take in is the eco-mode of this projector. The box says that eco-mode can reduce the noise of the fan and extend the bulb life. I haven’t used it long enough to actually burn out a bulb, however, long enough to absorb in the fan sound. From a few feet away, the fan sound is very quiet. When moving closer, I realize the fan is loud. It’s like the sound of a computer fan after being used for a few years

and no maintenance is done to it. It’s even louder after using it for a hour and a half. My warning to you is to not take in too much about the eco-mode because the eco-mode probably isn’t that “eco” like I originally thought it would be.

However, the movie quality is amazing. I dare say that it is almost as close as high definition (HD). I was watching Planet Earth (DVD set documentary like film) and the picture quality was amazing. I extremely like the bird eye view of the earth on a high quality projector and a large screen. It just seems so realistic to me. However, there is a bit of problem for action films. For action films, there are a lot of moving around and stuff. The projected film tends to get a bit blurry and can hurt your eyes. I got a bit of a headache with all that “flashes” and movements. For these types of films, I prefer watching it on the TV instead.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 163011375840931/k2311a013/1.3.11