Flip Video SlideHD Camcorder
  • The best thing is that it actually shoots high definition (HD) videos

• by MisterTickle

I have a Flip Video camcorder before. It was decent. I could easily take videos on the go. It totally defies the original concept of camcorders. I’m so used to having big and bulky camcorders. Flip Video has done it again with the SlideHD edition camcorder. The SlideHD edition is very similar to the other camcorder.

The Flip Video SlideHD is very similar to the other (original) Flip video camcorder. The size is the same and the memory capacity are still the usual 8GB, 16GB….The Flip Video SlideHD has a 16 GB camcorder. Appearantly, there is no 8 GB video camcorder available. However, I am satisfied with 16

GB SlideHD because it costs the same as the original Flip Video camcorder. It costs $199.99 plus taxes. This camcorder can be bought at JR electronics.

This camcorder is very different from the original camcorder. I love the new touch screen interface. I’m starting to get used to the small screen and the big keys. This SlideHD can be said to be keyless, not that there aren’t any, but it’s just less. The touch screen has some flaws, which I will get to in a minute.

The actual performance of the camcorder is pretty good. The best thing is that it actually shoots high definition (HD) videos. The

bad thing is that it doesn’t work well under dim light. There isn’t a “night” mode where you turn on like the more professional use one. I wanted to take a few videos during the evening. The sun was just about set and the screen on the Flip Video SlideHD is really dark. I can hardly make out anything. The zoom feature is pretty useless as it only offers two times zoom. The on and off for recording is touch controlled. This is both good and bad. The good thing about this is that the keys won’t break, because there aren’t any keys. The record key on my ...

• Flip Video SlideHD Camcorder
      original Flip Video broke because I possibly pressed it too many times. The bad thing about the touch screen is that it isn’t sensitive. I assume that this touch screen is resistive instead of the popular capacitive one.

I find that the touch screen is poorly built. I have a dead pixel on the touch screen. There is a spot on the corner of the touch screen where the color always stays blue. Sometimes it appears, and sometimes it does not appear.

The other feature this camcorder has is the the compressions system. Flip has its own software where the camcorder can compress the room of the videos

so that more videos can be stored. I’m not sure how much compression is done as I cannot actually measure the compressions. However, I feel like I can take endless amount of videos.

The Flip Video SlideHD can also allow users to view videos right after capturing it. I feel that this is pretty useless as I take these videos for memories. I don’t need view the video I’ve just taken because I already watched the recording screen. The SlideHD isn’t much of an improvement compared to the original Flip Video. The only decent feature on this new camcorder is the touch screen. Everything else is pretty much the same.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 163011375820931/k2311a013/1.3.11