Clinique Line Smoothing Concealer
  • Second problem is that people in my family go through a horrible puberty stage with scarring outbreaks of acne
  • The product costs about the same as the Advanced Concealer so I decided to give it a shot
  • I find that one you find the right skin shade, dotting concealer to minimize flaws works the best for me
  • After I applied the concealer, I was slightly disappointed to find that the concealer looked too matted
  • And the cost is very appealing – less than $20

• by sangwon

I guess I’ve been blessed by anti-aging genes. My parents always looked ten years younger than they actually were. When they were in their forties, people couldn’t believe that they had a teenage daughter (i.e. me) who was a senior in higher school because they looked like they were in their thirties. Well, they passed on this blessing in their genes to me. I’m currently in my early thirties and I’m still being carded when I buy a bottle of wine. But there is nothing to be envious about my supposed gift of appearing youthful because I have a ton of other skin problems. First of all, about 75% of the people in my family have huge pores. When I say “huge”, I really mean “colossal”. You can see them from 10 feet away. Second problem is that people in my family go through a horrible puberty stage with scarring outbreaks of

acne. As a result, I have an array of blemishes ranging in severity and color. It’s safe to assume that the skin on my face is far from flawless. I may not have the beginning lines of crow’s feet or sagging skin, but I have pores that will continue to grow in diameter with time and acne scars that will not grow faint with age. Since I can’t afford routine visits to a dermatologist, I have naturally turn to foundation, concealers and primers.

I’ve already tried Clinique Advanced Concealer but wondered how well their Line Smoothing Concealer would perform. Although the main purpose of this concealer is for diminishing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, I wondered what it would do for blemishes and pores. The product costs about the same as the Advanced Concealer so I decided to give it a shot. Here are some things I expect from a concealer: ...

• noticeable minimization of pores, discernible diminishment of blemishes, more even skin tone, performs fairly well without a greasy residue and heavy feeling, and blends in well with foundation. I don’t think that’s too much to ask from a concealer from a reputable brand.

Clinique’s Line Smooth Concealer comes in a tube-like container with an applicator brush, which is good; it eliminates the chances of product contamination. The consistency is not too wet and fairly thick. It was easy to dot this concealer on your problem areas and blended it into your skin. I’m not one of those women who ‘make-ups’ their entire face for evenness; I try to avoid looking too made-over. I find that one you find the right skin shade, dotting concealer to minimize flaws works the best for me. After I applied the concealer, I was slightly disappointed to find that the concealer looked too matted; on the bright side, it did a

good job of concealing and minimizing my pores and blemishes, even a small scar I have on the bridge of my nose. Next, I put on my go-to foundation – Clinique’s Superbalanced Compact Foundation. Despite my initial disappointment of the concealer’s performance, it blended very well with the foundation to create a near flawless face. It did looked slightly on the overly-made-over side from a close distance, but my face looked better with it than without.

Overall, I think this is a good, decent concealer. For my skin type, it wasn’t 100% compatible to create a sheer concealed look; it might perform better on other skin types. Whereas this is not the best concealer I’ve used to date, it performs better than average. And the cost is very appealing – less than $20. I would like to see how this concealer works on wrinkles and lines in a few years; I’m sure I’ll be getting my share of them soon.

Clinique Line Smoothing Concealer

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 313011375620931/k2311a013/1.3.11