Clinique Stay Matte Sheer Pressed Powder Stay Beige  » Cosmetics  »
  • I think it was then that my cosmetic journey with higher-end products began
  • Women (and some men) with oily complexion still need sheer coverage, but the problem with most powders and foundations is that it clogs up our pores and makes them bigger
  • From my experience, the difference between Clinique and other brands is that it actually delivers what it promises
  • On days when the temperature is mild and cool, I don’t even have to worry whether my face gets shiny because I know it isn’t

• by sangwon

I’ve become quite a fan of Clinique products ever since my mom got me a gift package from Clinique cosmetic counter at Macy valuing about $200. It was a treasure trove of their recommended fragrances and various cosmetics – I was in Clinique heaven. I think it was then that my cosmetic journey with higher-end products began; I was amazed at the vast quality difference between Clinique and the drugstore varieties. Ever since then, whenever a new Clinique product came out, I shoved my way to the head of the line to try it out. Clinique Stay Matte Sheer Pressed Powder has been around for a while, and having been plagued with oily skin, I don’t know why it never occurred to me to try this powder for oily control… especially when it says in the product description that it is designed specifically for oily skin.

Women (and some men) with oily complexion still need sheer coverage, but the problem with most powders and foundations is that it clogs up our pores and makes them bigger. Ughh. Clinique Stay-Matte Pressed Powder promises to deliver the same thing the other foundations and powders for oily complexion professes to deliver: natural-looking coverage that’s weightless and controls excess shine. From my experience, the difference between Clinique and other brands is that it actually delivers what it promises.

Since most Clinique products are effective, you should expect to pay a little more for quality of products. For a 0.27 oz compact, expect that price to be about $17. There are eight shades to choose from, which all look very natural-looking in tone from the physical glance. The powder is densely packed but can easily be removed at a prudent dose with the ...

• good sponge applicator. I never rely on the applicators that powders/foundations come with because most just waste my time and the product. Ulta or Sephora sells reliable sponges and brushes – get some. I use both depending on the kind of coverage I want: I use the sponge if I want more extensive coverage and the brush if I want the coverage to be sheer. I was amazed with the matte finish; it was deceptive natural-looking and blended well with my complexion. I have some acne scars from my teenage years so I put on a light layer of primer for a more even coverage; that helped the matte finish look more even. The test of time is the true test. Normally, I carry around oil blotting sheets or rush to the bathroom to bury some of my facil oil with toilet
        seat covers (an old trick). But with Stay-Matte Pressed Powder, the shine-control was truly impressive, very little oil blotting necessary. On days when the temperature is mild and cool, I don’t even have to worry whether my face gets shiny because I know it isn’t. Oil control can last all day and there’s no caking that develops. At night, I just use Clinique Take the Day Off Makeup Remover and my face feels clean and fresh.

Clinique Stay-Matte Pressed Powder is highly recommendable if you have oily skin. Not only is the coverage natural and subtle, the oil control is truly commendable. The matte finish lasts all day, provided you don’t sweat a lot, and application is an easy process, which make touch-ups very do-able. It’s more costly than the drugstore brands but my complexion and I have become totally hooked on this powder.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 313011375600931/k2311a013/1.3.11