Jane Iredale Pure Pressed Base Natural  » Cosmetics  »
  • My first experience with mineral foundation was Physicians Formula, which costs about $10 to $15 at any drugstore
  • A girlfriend from college had just come from the doctor’s chair after receiving a botox treatment (which looked amazing, I might add)
  • The cost for Jane Iredale Pure Pressed Base is about $40, which is expected for a high-end product
  • Although I love my Bare Escentuals, I have to admit that quality of the Jane Iredale mineral foundation was slightly better, a confession that makes me feel guilty

• by sangwon

I am an advocate of mineral foundation. My first experience with mineral foundation was Physicians Formula, which costs about $10 to $15 at any drugstore. It was a favorable experience – I was able to find a shade that did a decent job of matching my skin color and it didn’t make my skin break out. Next, I upgraded to Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil and Powder, which was an even better experience. My skin never looked so flawless and the makeup looked and felt like it wasn’t there; my skin didn’t break out either. In fact, Bare Escentuals has been my fail-safe foundation for several years now, and from the reviews I read, I’m not the only one who raves about their products. I had never heard of Jane

Iredale until a conversation with some friends over lunch. A girlfriend from college had just come from the doctor’s chair after receiving a botox treatment (which looked amazing, I might add). She was telling me that her doctor recommended Jane Iredale Pure pressed Base for mineral wear; he recommended it for daily wear for overall coverage or just even to cover up flaws in certain areas. Naturally, I was curious about what seemed like a phenomenal product.

The cost for Jane Iredale Pure Pressed Base is about $40, which is expected for a high-end product. As implied in the name, this is a pressed powder that comes in a compact. This is different than Bare Escentuals and Physicians formula, which comes in containers of loose powder that can make a mess ...

• if you inadvertently breathe on it. The compact design is beautiful and reflects the quality of the product. I use a makeup brush to apply the product because I find that I can control the amount more easily with a brush than a sponge applicator or puff. Although I love my Bare Escentuals, I have to admit that quality of the Jane Iredale mineral foundation was slightly better, a confession that makes me feel guilty. The texture of the mineral powder is slightly more smooth and creamy, like I’m wearing silk particles; it makes my skin look and feel luxurious. And the coverage is amazing! If I wanted to cover up some rosecea unevenness on my cheeks, I brush the desired amount of powder on the area and the
        unevenness is instantly and naturally gone. It also does a great job of minimizing my pores, which I have a density of on my cheeks and nose. After application, my unevenness is gone, the pores look nonexistent (from a respectable distance), and my skin looks noticeably smoother and dewy.

A great thing about this product is that it’s portable. You can carry it in your purse for quick and non-messy touch-ups during the day, and you don’t have to worry about runaway mineral particle strays on your clothes. Like most good quality mineral foundations, this product is talc-free. You get great-looking translucent skin that you remember from your youth. And did I mention that it comes plastic-surgeon-recommended? But seriously, it’s a product that every woman should try once in their lifetime.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 313011375540831/k2311a013/1.3.11