Tarte Smooth Operator Tinted Moisturizer
  • Normally I just end up purchasing some random product from Wal-Mart (usually from Black Opal or Cover Girl), but I decided to purchase this product based on the recommendation of a close friend
  • The first one is that color of it is amazing and it really does blend nicely with my skin
  • Overall, I love this product and I think that it would work well for women of all skin colors and types
  • I will definitely forewarn anyone considering purchasing this product that this moisturizer does not provide a lot of coverage
  • I would recommend it for others to time and I do plan on continuing to use it during the winter weather season

• by Simply_Fabulous

It has been a considerable amount of time since I last purchased a tinted moisturizer. Although I normally have no need for these products during the summertime, I find that they are essential during the cold weather season when my skin has a tendency to be slightly washed out. Normally I just end up purchasing some random product from Wal-Mart (usually from Black Opal or Cover Girl), but I decided to purchase this product based on the recommendation of a close friend. I have been using this product for the past three months and overall I am pleased with it.

As an African American woman, I sometimes have difficulty finding cosmetic products that match my skin tone. I also was a bit worried that the tinting aspect of this

product might not look right against my skin tone. So far, I have found a lot of positives attributes about this product. The first one is that color of it is amazing and it really does blend nicely with my skin. Not only is the shade of the moisturizer that I purchased very flattering and forgiving, I also find that this product is long lasting as well. I have dry skin which sometimes makes the application and blending process difficult, but I find that this moisturizer is extremely easy to use. It is not heavy and I do not have to worry about it weighing down my skin or clogging up my pores.

Overall, I love this product and I think that it would work well for women ...

• of all skin colors and types. There are really only a few things that I do not like about it or that I would change. The main thing is that I find the shimmer aspect of the product to be slightly overwhelming at times. I also wish that this product was a bit cheaper. On the positive side, it only takes a bit of the product to completely cover my entire face which is one of the reasons why it has lasted me so long. I do find that sometimes I have to use another moisturizer in conjunction with this one on those days when the weather outside is very chilling and my skin is very dry.

I will definitely forewarn anyone considering purchasing this product that this

moisturizer does not provide a lot of coverage. You might have to use a concealer or makeup primer if you have any really dark areas on your face. The major reason why I love this product is that it has cut down dramatically on the amount of time that I have to spend in the morning applying my makeup. I usually just use this tinted moisturizer in lieu of using any type of foundation. I love the fact that it helps to even out my skin tone and I am also able to maintain a natural makeup look.

Overall, I would rate this product a 9 out of 10. I would recommend it for others to time and I do plan on continuing to use it during the winter weather season.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 313011375490831/k2311a013/1.3.11