IPhone  » Electronics  »
  • I've had an IPhone for about 6 months and it really is the best thing ever
  • I know I could have got one on contract and paid from £30 a month, but that meant I would be paying that for 2 years and I've never had a contract Phone so didn't really want to go down that road
  • Since i've bought mine the price is still the same, so I don't think the price comes down on it really all that much
  • There is the settings, calander, Utilities, You Tube, ITunes, App Store and other perhaps boring but essential things that you need
  • From a normal use, which is I don't think all that excessive I have to charge this every night and it has a full 100% Battery when I leave in the morning

• by leeanne160480

I’ve had an IPhone for about 6 months and it really is the best thing ever. I wanted 1 for ages, but couldn’t afford one. I know I could have got one on contract and paid from £30 a month, but that meant I would be paying that for 2 years and I’ve never had a contract Phone so didn’t really want to go down that road. I suppose I had a good amount of willpower, as I kept swinging between getting it this way and then choosing not to get it at all. I bit the Bullet when I got it, but bought it outright. Some peole think I was stupid to do that and I suppose I was in a way. After all paying for the phone outright, and then paying to put money in it every month then there probably wouldn’t be all that much money difference really.

I paid £389 for it. It’s just an 8GB which was all I could afford. I would have liked 1 with a larger amount of storage just so I knew I didn’t have to worry about it, but there was quite a jump in price to the 16GB and the 32GB. Since it was all about the Phone then I took what I could get. Since i’ve bought mine the price is still the same, so I don’t think the price comes down on it really all that much. Although the IPhone

has been out for quite some time, it still appears to be a must have item.

This is quite a large phone but it’s slimline and thin as well. The screen takes up most of the phone, and there is only a strip at the bottom where the button which you use to get into the menu’s. The speaker is on the side of the phone, and the only other buttons are the volume buttons on the side.

To first activate this you plug it into a Computer and download ITunes onto it. You have to charge this when you get it as well, which is annoying as you know you just want to start and play with it. On the front screen it is much like the IPod Touch with the little squares. There is the settings, calander, Utilities, You Tube, ITunes, App Store and other perhaps boring but essential things that you need. The Mail tab is at the bottom and you can forward your e-mail from your e-mail address so they download onto this as well as go into your normal e-mail account. The only annoying thing about this is when I delete from here it still stores on my main e-mail account, but it says deleted next to it. You can send e-mails through here as well which is really handy. You can take pictures with the Camera on here, then upload it straight away onto Facebook or send as ...

• an e-mail attatchment as well as just store on the device anyway. The phone icon is down the bottom here as well. You can either phone from your contacts list, or key the number in automatically. It’s a bit odd as this is my first touch screen Phone so pressing the screen was a bit strange but easy enough when you get used to this. Same with Text messages. The good thing is you can hold the phone upright, or on it’s side and the screen adapts to how you hold it, so sideways is probably best when you are texting as you see more of the screen and the keys are that bit bigger.

So this is great for a Phone but there is lots of fun in here as well. Just go onto the App Store and download some Apps for it. There is plenty of free of charge ones, and i’ve only paid for a couple of them. Loads only cost 59p and the most expensive 1 I got was £2.89 but that was a game that I really wanted. The Apps download in just a couple of minutes through the Internet Connection and are displayed by a little square on the screen. Each page displays 4 squares across and 4 squares down, and once the page is full then it automatically loads onto the next page. You can put the Apps into folders which group them together under 1

square instead of say 4 of them, but I just like to see them all and know where they are. Some of the Apps you can tell what they are by the picture of them, others it is best to read the writing below it. I’ve got a few Internet Radio stations on mine which are good even jsut to listen to in the house.

You can download your own Music onto this as well, and it’s stored through the IPod tab at the bottom of the front screen.

So this is the perfect thing for me, surely nothing wrong? It isn’t all that perfect, there is 1 fault with it for me and that’s the Battery life. I have to charge mine every single day. From a normal use, which is I don’t think all that excessive I have to charge this every night and it has a full 100% Battery when I leave in the morning. I had turned the brightness down to around half the bright which is more than enough but it still eats the Battery. I know it is a large screen, but surely with all this Technology they can do a super powerful Battery?

I would fully recommend 1 of these. They are great. Yes they are expensive, but they are the best in my view and I hope mines lasts for a really long time. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy another 1 in the future.

IPhone

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 163011375280831/k2311a013/1.3.11