Kiss My Face Cardamom Mint Self Foaming Soap 8.75 oz
  • I bought this Kiss my Face soap at the supermarket in the natural products section
  • When I think of cardamom, I automatically think of the smell and taste of chai, which is one of my favorite tea based drinks to indulge in when I am at a coffee shop
  • I forgave the fact that this was a self-foamer and bought it anyway, even though it did cost much more than I normally paid for hand soap
  • I recommend this product to anyone who loves mint, and chai– and doesn’t mind paying a bit more for a high quality and socially responsible brand

• by reviewabit

I bought this Kiss my Face soap at the supermarket in the natural products section. I needed a new bathroom soap and the scent seemed very unusual and appealing. When I think of cardamom, I automatically think of the smell and taste of chai, which is one of my favorite tea based drinks to indulge in when I am at a coffee shop. Cardamom is a predominant spicy note in this drink and it smells heavenly.

I also love the smell of mint, and this just seemed like a brilliant combination. In the past, when I have purchased self foaming soaps, I have been concerned that I was not getting my money’s worth, as the liquid in them is a very thin consistency (it has to be

for the self-foam to work) and sometimes you end up using more of the foam than you think you would need because it is not rich enough. I forgave the fact that this was a self-foamer and bought it anyway, even though it did cost much more than I normally paid for hand soap.

At least it was a brand that I knew was environmentally responsible, and I had liked other products they had made. I was excited to try out the soap. I couldn’t wait to use it so I could see what it smelled like! I opened it as soon as I got home and whisked it off to the bathroom as my family laughed and I heard the comment “Oh boy, what did she buy now?” I ...

• expected the product to be of good quality.

I was not disappointed. The cardamom and mint has a spicy, clean, refreshing fragrance. It is not overly strong, as you might think it could be given that these are two very potent notes.

It lingers slightly on the hands and is equally masculine and feminine– one of those scents everybody tends to like. It is also very different from other fragrances out there. Quite original.

I would like to see this combination catch on– maybe soon Bath and Body Works might have their own version!

The soap itself was good. It does have a pretty rich foam, so it does not take a ton of it to wash your hands. The dispenser did a great job of making thick,

fluffy foam and the bottle did last a bit longer than I expected it to.

I would say that if most self foaming soaps I have used were about an eight on a one to ten scale, this was a nine and a half. Everyone seemed to like the new scent except for one visitor, who found it “repulsive. ” We all thought this was very odd.

Spicy scents are not for everyone, but rarely had I heard one called repulsive. Anyway, don’t let that concern you if you want to try this soap– it was only one person out of several dozen. I recommend this product to anyone who loves mint, and chai– and doesn’t mind paying a bit more for a high quality and socially responsible brand.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 342011374941031/k2311a012/1.2.11