Bath and Body Works Orange Sapphire anti-bacterial hand soap 8 oz pump  » Health  »
  • My dispenser at home has a clear reservoir, so I like to make whatever goes in there look nice as well as work well
  • There is no doubt when you smell this fragrance that it is predominantly orange, but it is one of the most interesting orange or citrus fragrances I think I have ever encountered
  • They whole body line is included– body spray, shower gel, lotions, etc. Unfortunately, it was only the hand soap that was included in the clearance sale
  • I think orange lovers everywhere would love this scent
  • I highly recommend all of the Bath and Body Works line of hand soaps and other products

• by reviewabit

While I was shopping the wonderful clearance sale at Bath and Body Works last week, I came across a bin of anti-bacterial hand soaps in a variety of their fragrances. They were only three dollars for an eight ounce pump bottle so I sniffed a few and bought my favorites from the lot. My dispenser at home has a clear reservoir, so I like to make whatever goes in there look nice as well as work well. Initially, that is why the Orange Sapphire soap caught my eye. While the label is a metallic orange, the color of the soap itself is a beautiful soft blush color, set in an opaque pearlized liquid.

Of course, the scent has to have my stamp of approval before going into my kitchen. Orange seemed like a nice kitchen scent, but from the

look of the bottle, I figured this was going to be one very sophisticated orange. It was indeed. I unscrewed the cap to smell, which means I had to lift the pump out partially and smell the stem.

I am sure everyone in the store thought I was nuts. Then again, the staff is probably used to seeing such things. I am always respectful and would never damage the product anyway. The fragrance is delightful.

It is a rich blood orange, with a slight tartness like a tangerine or mandarin smell, but it is also mixed with some very sensual notes like perhaps amber or a soft floral. There is no doubt when you smell this fragrance that it is predominantly orange, but it is one of the most interesting orange or citrus fragrances I think ...

• I have ever encountered. The tall thin pump bottle will fit easily in the kitchen and does not take up much space. However, mine gets poured into my automatic dispenser.

It looks so pretty with its soft pearly glow filling the reservoir. It’s a think formula, so it does not take much at all to get your hands clean. The lather is luxurious, like all of their cleansing products. It is also very gentle and moisturizing.

And of course, it kills germs. I really wish that the company would expand its line to include cleaners that match the hand soaps. I suppose since they have so very many fragrances, it would be impossible to house many more product lines than they already have. I am happy that they make air fresheners.

The Orange Sapphire is

part of the regular fragrance line, I should add. It is not exclusively hand soap. They whole body line is included– body spray, shower gel, lotions, etc. Unfortunately, it was only the hand soap that was included in the clearance sale.

If the other products had been, I would certainly have purchased some shower gel or lotion. Since it was not, I cheated and used the hand soap in the shower. I doubt that a little triclosan would do much harm to the rest of my body. It seems like it would be a nice scent to wear.

It’s a very sophisticated citrus, and yet, there is no mistaking it is orange through and through. I think orange lovers everywhere would love this scent. I highly recommend all of the Bath and Body Works line of hand soaps and other products.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 342011374831031/k2311a012/1.2.11