Linux Operating System Software  » Software  »
  • However, for those with an interest in program coding and compiling, graphics creation and editing, systems analysis, software creation and modification and any programming-oriented media creation instead of media consumption, Linux turns into the best thing ever to hit computers since high-speed microprocessors

• by Alexd

Since I am one who likes to exploit resources that are free, I acquired my very own copy of the Linux open source operating system some time back, even though I didn’t really know what I was actually going to use it for, having been using Microsoft Windows all my computing life.

It was not until very recently though, that I really discovered the effectiveness of the Linux operating system, and that was when I started getting into the field of computer programming.

As a stand-alone operating system for daily use, such as what

Microsoft Windows is used for, Linux can get a bit frustrating and I don’t see a reason why anybody would want to switch to it. However, for those with an interest in program coding and compiling, graphics creation and editing, systems analysis, software creation and modification and any programming-oriented media creation instead of media consumption, Linux turns into the best thing ever to hit computers since high-speed microprocessors.

I personally use it mostly for compiling programming algorithms that I have created as its open source nature makes compiling and pre-testing very easy, before the ...

• completed product is finalized. There is no need for me to use compilers such as C-Compiler as the function is built in, accounting for the speed with which it works and ease with which any errors and bugs can be detected and fixed.

The real beauty about Linux however, as with all open source software, is the fact that the coding which was used to build the software engine on which it runs is open for viewing and modification. For someone like me, it means I can don’t have to dream up basic algorithms

from scratch and can use the existing base on which Linux runs to evolve it into basic operating systems for computational structures I design and set up myself. Object Oriented Programming, such as what the C++ Language is used for, is one such example that works the best for me on a Linux machine.

While it does require somewhat of a deeper understanding of the technical process behind the creation of media, Linux is great for this process instead of the consumption of media and I have come to find that out through my various programming exploits.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 302011374561031/k2311a012/1.2.11