Media Programmable Scientific Calculator SC-2000  » Other  »
2.0
  • It's also a two-line calculator which is why I bought it in the first place, and the numbers on the screen are big enough (no need to squint or anything to read them)
  • In a calculator, I prefer functionality and a well-designed layout

• by Maymay

Needing a scientific calculator for my studies, I went to Superstore and left with a brand new Media Programmable Scientific Calculator SC-2000. It’s a medium-size calculator that had all the functions I required, so why not?

When I got home, I opened the package and tried it out. I was only using the basic number buttons and so it was fine. When I actually had to tackle problems with the other buttons, however, I became

irritated.

The problems? The way the buttons are arranged make it extremely hard to locate the one I need. And for some reason, the buttons that I need the most ended up being in the 2nd level and so I had to press ’shift’ every time. I mean, ‘pi’ and the negative sign ‘-’ are things that would be used quite often, right? Why would they be placed in the 2nd level? Also, the on/off ...

• button is very small and it’s made of a squishy material that moves when you press it from an angle, which the calculator won’t read. So when I need to turn it on/off, I must press it from straight upwards or it won’t work. It’s hard to explain it well here, but just know that it’s very annoying to press.

Good points I can find are that the basic buttons (0-9, +-x/, =) are big

enough and easy to press. It’s also a two-line calculator which is why I bought it in the first place, and the numbers on the screen are big enough (no need to squint or anything to read them).

In a calculator, I prefer functionality and a well-designed layout. This calculator, while having all the necessary functions, fails in the layout part. For this reason, there are plenty of other better calculators out there—so stay away from this one.

Maryam says :

Hi I lost my calculator usermanual. It is a Media Programmable Scientific calculator model SC-2000 If you know any place that I can download it free please let me know.Thanks

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 122011374090931/k2311a012/1.2.11