Samsung MP3 Player
  • One problem with the device is the software it comes with
  • I put a protective sticky screen over mine to avoid damaging the face of the unit
  • Over all, I love this product, and the fact that I don't know the model number or any of that is the least of my worries

• by godsmacked460

AOL Messenger (required to be logged into AIM)
      I’m very excited with my new Samsung MP3 Player. However, I’m discouraged by the fact that there’s no model number which is displayed anywhere with the product!

Even on the box in the store, it doesn’t say the size or features of the actual unit itself. I was quite curious about it, but I checked one out which was on display, and wanted to buy it instantly. This sleek-looking mp3 player has a built-in speaker which slides out from the back.

The speaker gets loud enough for everyone in a decent-sized room to hear it! The speaker doesn’t seem to get loose when slid from the back repeatedly, which ensures that the mp3 player will be maintained. Along with the fact that it has a built in speaker, comes an alarm clock. The alarm clock is one of the coolest features

about the unit.

It gets louder than my normal high-end alarm clock, and can play any song which I want to wake up to! I can literally wake up to a different song every day of the year using this mp3 player. Not only is the mp3 player an audio device, but it accepts most image files as well, and has a “pictures” option from the main menu which allows you to view up to 2 GB of pictures (assuming no audio files are on the drive, the entire unit is 2 GB). However not ALL image file formats are accepted.

The music is very well organized, you can browse by “now playing”, Alphabetically by artist, alphabetically by song, alphabetically by album, numerical by track number, etc. I’ve never had a difficult time finding a song on the device. One problem with ...

• the device is the software it comes with.

It comes with “K5″ software which is supposed to make putting files on/clearing files off of the unit easier and faster. The problem with the software for me is that it doesn’t work with any of the versions of windows vista. It only works with windows xp service pack 2.

However, even though I can’t get this program to function properly/at all, I’m able to use windows media player to synchronize any audio files to the device I’d like to. I can also open the drive under “my computer” and open “pictures” to click and drag new pictures into the device. Along with all of the features I’ve already listed, the device also has many graphical qualities.

It looks great on the outside, and it also has a few very cool looking screensavers which

can be activated after a certain amount of idle time. The user of the Mp3 player can also choose what graphic they would like to display during the playing of songs. They can choose to have a “booming” graphic, or an equalizer that actually displays the song playing.

The Mp3 player also has a touch-sensitive screen, meaning that there aren’t any actual buttons on the face of the unit, you just touch a light and it senses the touch and performs the function you’ve requested. The only problem with this feature is that the unit takes fingerprints very easily. I put a protective sticky screen over mine to avoid damaging the face of the unit.

Over all, I love this product, and the fact that I don\’t know the model number or any of that is the least of my worries. I love the device, and wouldn’t change anything about it.

Samsung MP3 Player

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161203137380231/k2311a0312/3.12.07