Avon Magix Face Primer  » Cosmetics  »
  • This was my first venture into face primers, but unfortunately, it did disappoint me quite a bit
  • When I first received it, I was happy with the packaging, as the easy squeeze tube was a nice, convenient size
  • I wouldn't recommend this product, as it doesn't really have staying power and doesn't really help anything

• by emilia hovakemian

This was my first venture into face primers, but unfortunately, it did disappoint me quite a bit. When I first received it, I was happy with the packaging, as the easy squeeze tube was a nice, convenient size. I squeezed a small amount onto my finger, hoping it would work its “magic.

” I applied it to my clean face on my forehead, cheeks, nose, and chin. The first time, I must admit that I didn’t really apply it correctly, as the directions were kind of vague.

I just applied it very quickly, and

the gel didn’t have time to turn into a kind of powdery substance under my fingers. The next time, I rubbed it in a bit more, and I felt the gel turning into a powder and realized that this was the correct way.

I looked in the mirror after I applied it and thought that it didn’t really make any difference (on another occasion, I did just half my face and realized that it actually does smooth out my skin some). I applied my makeup after a minute (a mineral powder) and it looked good ...

• at first.

Upon closer inspection, I realized that it actually looked awful! My pores were not smaller looking, and the makeup had seeped into them in a weird way that doesn’t happen when I’m not using the primer. It didn’t really make my makeup last any longer, either.

It was a total disappointment, basically, and a waste of about $10. The only pro that I could really think of was that it is a creamy white color that becomes completely translucent, and therefore can be used on any skin tone.

I haven’t

tried it with different powder foundations, so maybe they will work better. I have tried it with liquid, but it really doesn’t seem to make a difference.

I wouldn’t recommend this product, as it doesn’t really have staying power and doesn’t really help anything. I could see wearing this alone only if you have really good skin, but even then it probably wouldn’t last very long.

There are other primers out there that do a better job, I’m sure. This wasn’t the worst primer, but it certainly was mediocre at best.

Skip this one in my opinion.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312011373690831/k2311a012/1.2.11