Origins Stay Tuned Balancing Face Makeup  » Cosmetics  »
  • I thought I had found a foundation that fit the bill, but the Origins Stay Tuned liquid foundation has some features that don't live up to its name
  • I appreciate this because I like to use plastics as less as possible, and the glass is easily recyclable
  • It's not a liquid makeup that I love and will purchase again, but I will use this bottle until it finishes and then try another one with heavier coverage
  • I would recommend this foundation to those looking for a lighter coverage with natural ingredients, but not for those looking for heavy coverage, as it just doesn't cut it for that purpose

• by emilia hovakemian

I’m always on the lookout for a liquid foundation with great coverage that also has natural ingredients. I thought I had found a foundation that fit the bill, but the Origins Stay Tuned liquid foundation has some features that don’t live up to its name. However, there are also some positives to the foundation. Firstly, it comes in compact glass bottle with a metal top.

I appreciate this because I like to use plastics as less as possible, and the glass is easily recyclable. I purchased it in the “Sand” color, which is slightly too beige for my pinkish complexion. However, I loved the fact that even though it wasn’t a perfect match for my skin, the color blending nicely into my skin.

It really doesn’t show that it’s

not my perfect color, and I’m glad I didn’t spend almost $20 on a foundation that I’ll have to throw out due to a non-color match. I would say it has light to medium coverage, and that’s probably why the color matching is a little more easy, as a foundation with heavier coverage would probably match less easily if it were slightly off-color. I’m looking for at LEAST medium to heavy coverage, and that is where this foundation truly failed.

It did cover up the uneven skin tone that I have around my cheek area (which is always pink), but it didn’t cover any blemishes. I tried putting a mineral veil (translucent powder) over it, but it didn’t look any better. Perhaps if I applied a pressed or loose powder, it ...

• would provide better coverage, but that would defy the purpose of applying liquid foundation for me.

I would not purchase this product again, just because it does not provide the coverage that I would like. I don’t notice very much “balancing” of my face. Also, it did not last all day as advertised, even with the application of the loose translucent powder.

It is also advertised as having oil-absorbers, but it just made my skin feel more oily and gave it a sheen. If you’re looking for a sheen on your skin, this might work for you, but it didn’t really work for me. On the plus side, the foundation is fairly light and goes on quite smoothly.

The application is really easy (I just use my fingers) and

it looks flawless every time. I haven’t had any streaks or the dreaded “2 toned jaw/neck” look. It feels good on my skin, not heavy or cakey.

I also like that it has Vitamin E, which I’ve heard is good for skin, and is advertised as having more natural ingredients with less harsh chemicals. I appreciate that as I have sensitive skin, and it has so far not made me break out. It’s not a liquid makeup that I love and will purchase again, but I will use this bottle until it finishes and then try another one with heavier coverage.

I would recommend this foundation to those looking for a lighter coverage with natural ingredients, but not for those looking for heavy coverage, as it just doesn’t cut it for that purpose.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312011373630831/k2311a012/1.2.11