“Paula Deen- Christmas With Paula Deen: Stories and Recipies Mrom My Favorite Holiday”. A Book  » Books  »
  • I got this cook book as a birthday gift not too long ago so I decided to go ahead and try to use it this Christmas
  • I am not sure how much this cook book costs retail but I can say that I would recommend it
  • I really enjoyed the book as a whole I think, with my favorite part being the Christmas cookie section
  • I can honestly say that they did and that my whole family was impressed with the cookies
  • I also had issue with the small print and lack of pictures

• by webgirl40

I got this cook book as a birthday gift not too long ago so I decided to go ahead and try to use it this Christmas. I am not sure how much this cook book costs retail but I can say that I would recommend it. For others who are cooking for the holidays.

I really enjoyed the book as a whole I think, with my favorite part being the Christmas cookie section. I am really bad at making cookies so I was hoping that the recipes in this Christmas cookbook would really help to improve my baking skills. I

can honestly say that they did and that my whole family was impressed with the cookies.

I also really liked the Christmas morning section. I tried the breakfast casserole as I had quite a number of family members for Christmas breakfast and it was a hit. It was really easy prep work that was done the night before so all I had to do Christmas morning was pop it in the oven for about an hour. This worked really well as it was ready by the time everyone got up so we were able to eat breakfast before we ...

• opened out presents.

The Christmas dinner section was a hit as well and the cranberry sauce recipe seemed to be the favorite at the table. I was really impressed with the selection of dishes that she gave recipes for and although I stayed more on the traditional side there were quite a few recipes that would be good for any night of the week.

There were a few things about the book that I did not like though. One was that there are a few recipes in there that are duplicates from a few other books. I was hoping that this

book would be completely original, but I think that with all the cookbooks out there that there is bound to be a few duplicate recipes so it was not that big of a deal.

I also had issue with the small print and lack of pictures. I would have found this book much more useful if it had been easier to read and if it had included pictures of what the food was supposed to look like. That wold have taken more of the guess work out of cooking and would have allowed me to feel more confident using it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 172011373360831/k2311a012/1.2.11