Microsoft Windows 7 Operating System Software  » Software  »
  • As far as my experience of the latest offerings in the widely used Microsoft Windows operating systems, Windows 7 is a big leap from Windows Vista and I reckon they actually got it right this time
  • I was not all that impressed at all with Windows Vista and was a bit reluctant to even try out Windows 7, as I had stuck to using the tried and tested Windows XP Pro
  • As history would have it though, I have noticed a trend in the development of Microsoft Windows operating systems that sees a mind blowing improvement on a version that follows one that is has nothing to write home about
  • Windows 7 does require quite a bit of RAM though as I noticed that they have placed a whole lot of emphasis on integration and personalization
  • Windows 7 is a programmers dream too and I love how quickly development software applications such as my C-Compiler run on this operating system

• by Alexd

As far as my experience of the latest offerings in the widely used Microsoft Windows operating systems, Windows 7 is a big leap from Windows Vista and I reckon they actually got it right this time.

I was not all that impressed at all with Windows Vista and was a bit reluctant to even try out Windows 7, as I had stuck to using the tried and tested Windows XP Pro.

As history would have it though, I have noticed a trend in the development of Microsoft Windows operating systems that sees a mind blowing improvement on a version that follows one that is has nothing to write home about. I make specific reference to Windows XP which followed the somewhat standard Windows 2000.

The same is true with Windows 7 which follows Windows Vista, and it goes way back to Windows 95 that followed Windows 3.1.

In my personal experience subsequently, Windows 7 is a considerable improvement on Windows Vista and this is where I feel the Microsoft team have righted the wrongs of the Windows 7’s predecessor. In order to really get the full end of the stick, I didn’t use the operating system on a recommended machine, but rather on one of my machines that previously had a Windows XP Pro operating system.

Windows 7 does require quite a bit of RAM though as I noticed that they have placed a whole lot of emphasis on integration and personalization. The desktop really felt as if ...

• it was my oyster and I was happy to find that essential programs such as the Microsoft Office pack come standard with the operating system, and one needs not waste time and money acquiring this separately.

Windows 7 certainly is a whole lot more user-friendly and doesn’t require one to be a whiz in order to take advantage of some of the advanced features. Setting up my outlook inbox to notify me of live incoming messages that can be accessed with one click of the mouse was just one of the easy customization features that allowed me to extensively personalize my desktop.

Windows 7 is generally a great all-round operating system but where it really impresses me the most is in web-orientation around

which it is designed. With more and more applications and standards leaning towards web integration, Windows 7 makes it all the more easier. The desktop becomes like a central control centre from which everything can be done at the touch of just one button. I added a shortcut key to access media Cloud Storage directly, something which saves a lot of time as opposed to having to open up the web browser and logging in from there.

Windows 7 is a programmers dream too and I love how quickly development software applications such as my C-Compiler run on this operating system. The complete personalization feature makes it all the more complete and I simply cannot find much fault with this latest Microsoft operating system offering.

Microsoft Windows 7 Operating System Software

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 302011373220831/k2311a012/1.2.11