Department of Home Affairs Centurion  » General services  »
1016 Kruger Avenue, Centurion, 0157, Gauteng Province, South Africa
  • I arrived outside the offices at around twelve in the morning, with nothing but the worst expectations of the experience I was about to have
  • Gladly though, the entire process of applying for a re-issue of my damaged identity book went smoothly enough for me not to contribute to the daily ‘Horror Affairs’ column
  • The forms were easy enough to fill in and I was happy that they had a simple verification process, requiring me only to know my identity number and then have my left and right thumb prints scanned for a centralized computer verification protocol
  • Two months at most is how long the consultant told it would take for it to be ready and I am watching this space, although I must say I was impressed by the service
  • One rather troubling thing I was disappointed to see though, is how informal the office looks – it looks like an old warehouse converted into an office with shoulder-height divisions separating each ‘room’

• by Alexd

Of all the Home Affairs Departmental offices I have been to, Centurion appears to be the most organized and least busy one of them all.

I arrived outside the offices at around twelve in the morning, with nothing but the worst expectations of the experience I was about to have. Over the past two year up until that time, I had been reading an entire section in one

of the local daily newspapers, dedicated to the horrors that people face at Home Affairs offices which was so bad that they called it ‘Horror Affairs’.

Gladly though, the entire process of applying for a re-issue of my damaged identity book went smoothly enough for me not to contribute to the daily ‘Horror Affairs’ column. In fact, it was quite the opposite of what I read daily as everyone was happy to help, from the photographer outside to the doorman-cum-information-desk-consultant.

The forms were easy enough to fill in and I was happy that they had a simple verification process, requiring me only to know my identity number and then have my left and right thumb prints scanned for a centralized computer verification protocol.

I also love the new text message notification process they have introduced to let ...

• Department of Home Affairs Centurion
      us know when the identity book is ready for collection, so as to save me the potential disappointment of traveling all the way there, only to find that my ID book isn’t ready yet.

Two months at most is how long the consultant told it would take for it to be ready and I am watching this space, although I must say I was impressed by the service.

One

rather troubling thing I was disappointed to see though, is how informal the office looks – it looks like an old warehouse converted into an office with shoulder-height divisions separating each ‘room’. I could not help but wonder where all the taxpayers’ money was going, because clearly it wasn’t being invested in giving public service offices look more professional.

Nevertheless, the service was great and I reckon that’s all that matters.

Alexander replies :

It`s in Lyttelton, East of the railway line, not too far from the train station on the road that runs parallel to the railway line.

Alex replies :

It`s in Lyttelton, on the road parallel to the train tracks. On your way from Irene you take the off-ramp towards Doringkloof that will lead to you to the road that crosses the railway line via a bridge. Close to the train station..hope this helps

quick note by anonymous :

ok Now can anyone give me a tel number that works for H.A. 012 6645620/1 seems to stay engaged.are they open on saterdays and what time?

anda says :

where is the department of home affairs in centurion?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 252011373170831/k2311a012/1.2.11